parkerCR

Nov 8, 2001
Anyone have the E-gorr MO better porting for their 01 CR250. I love this bike but the midrange hit tires me out a little. Has the porting made the bike easier to manage for longer riding times?
I am getting ready to send my cylinder to Eric soon. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

sandrider02

Aug 28, 2002
Just curious but do you have a pipe. I have an FMF Gnarley pipe and powercore silencer. It made the low end better and the midrange hit is not near as hard anymore.

parkerCR

Nov 8, 2001
sandrider02,

I have an FMF Fatty pipe because I like the top end and midrange, more so than the low end on my old KDX 220 that I sold. I like how the power seems to keep on building and by the time you reach the top you are rippin. The power is a little all at once at times but I don't want to lose any of the above mentioned. I think the porting will make it a somewhat smoother horspower
with slightly more linear pull, but still keeps the hp that makes it wicked.
Dragmeister, is this close at all to how your mo better CR runs now? Curious to know?

Thanks

slideways11

Sponsoring Member
Apr 18, 2000
I had Eric port my 01cr250 almost 2 years ago with a low to mid port job. (Eric's suggestion) The power is almost identical to my 02yz250. The stock pipe works great with this port job. I recently had to replace the stock pipe (smashed beyond repair) with an FMF fatty. If this pipe gets smashed I will go back to the stock pipe the fatty offers no advantage over the stock pipe and it rusts like crazy. I mainly use the CR for a practice bike now, but when I was racing it I was acused of cheating at a couple of races because of the massive holeshots I was getting.

Nevada Sixx

Jan 14, 2000
yea, i may get a 01cr250 that they got as a carryover at the shop,, i was thinking maybe rad valve and fww would smooth it out, maybe add a power valve spacer, that way maybe i wont have to mess with the porting or pipe to that it will stiff rev.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
.... and you'll spend more than porting without getting the results :)

slideways11

Sponsoring Member
Apr 18, 2000
Okie's right. I did all the other mods and it was a big waste of time and money. Bought a cylinder and head from Eric and was happy.

Top Bottom