parkerCR

Nov 8, 2001
What up gentlemen,

Okay, finally had some time on the bike this weekend. Let me first list my mods:

Eric Gorr Mo better everywhere porting
FMF Fatty pipe
FMF turbine core 2 silencer
V-force low tension
Boyesen powervalve cover

The bike is sweeeeeet! Amazing power everywhere. I sent off my cylinder to Eric in hopes of making the power more useable and linear. Stock the CR hits violently in the midrange and don't get me wrong I absolutely loved the feeling of that but it tired me out to quick and was a handful in the tight stuff.

The bike pulls right from the snap of the throttle with no flat spots anywhere throughout. I feel like a better rider, this must be what the new genration YZ's are like or probably better. The bike is deceptively fast but so smooth over the stock power that it is hard
notice with the absence of the abrupt hit. This is by far the best mod I have ever done to any bike I have owned. I am elated after one day's ride with the porting. It has changed the bike tremendously. I didn't want to lose any power nor sacrifice low for top or vice versa because I do all types of riding from sand, desert, to tight WA trails. It is almost as if the power of the stocker was massaged and then extended from bottom to top. I cannot say enough! I also started to run 50/50 race pump gas and the results give me a more reliable baseline for jetting. Thanks to John Stu for that advice. It was about 70 degrees today at sea level and what seemed to work the best was:

420 main
s-7 nozzle
30 pilot
stock needle 3rd clip

I am still getting some spooge so I tried to go to a 27.5 pilot and it seemed a bit lean. I will try the next leaner clip to try and rid some of the spooge.

Anyway guys the whole point is: if you want what I described from your CR send it to Eric now run to the post office. It is that good.

Eric you are the man!

Thanks

Top Bottom