crs0001

Dec 29, 2002
My CR250 makes a knock/clunk sound. When I compress the rear end and release it, the shock seems to be making a knock/clunk sound. It also makes this sound when I lift the rear wheel off the ground. I've had a buddy push up and down on the bike while I listen and it seems to be coming directly from the shock. Does anybody know what the noise could be from? Do I have to rebuild the shock? Thanks

crs0001

Dec 29, 2002
problem

Well I finally took my shock off and as soon as I got the spring off it was obvious what the noise was, it was the shock. The shock had leaked alot of oil out and there was alot of air in the shock as well, you could hear it and feel it when pulling and pushing on the damper rod in and out. When I got the shock apart the oil was left was a filthy gray color. I'm going to rebuild it and and go through the linkage bearing also. Hopefully I will be up and going soon.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Nothing is worse than blowed out suspension for sure. Its very dangerous, and makes even kick starting almost impossible. Do not get cheap on the rebuild, make sure nitrogen is used to refill your shock. Most shops, its a small charge, no pun intended! Mine, calls for atf fluid for the shock, the 83, the 97, it gets into the more expensive suspension fluid. Vintage Bob

Top Bottom