2001 KTM MXC 400 Front Wheel Spacer

KTMster

Mar 27, 2001
After noticing a lot of play in my front tire this weekend I thought my front wheel spacer may be gone.

After logging on to Erider's web site, I realized that I had a choice of the front wheel spacer only or the front wheel spacer kit which includes the bearings, seals, and spacers. I went ahead and ordered the whole kit since I am not sure exactly if it is the spacer itself or the bearings and seals.

My bike is maintenanced on a regular basis and I don't ride it that hard & so it is hard for me to believe that either of these would go out so quickly on a new bike.

Has anybody else had this experience?

I found a lot of rear wheel spacer and bearing posts in a search for "spacers" but none on the front. This makes me think that maybe I should check the rear as well. :think

smilinicon

Feb 20, 2001
When the spacers 'wear out', they are talking about underneath the seal surface wearing away and letting in dirt. Spacers cannot wear out and cause wheel wobble unless bearings start spinning on the axel. If your spokes are tight and the wheel wobbles, it is the bearings gone bad. Buy 2002 spacers as they have a tougher coating on them to last longer. Replace them all (bearings, seals and spacers) in one shot. Yes, your rear spacers are worn away.

Top Bottom