markdxx

Dec 30, 2001
i just picked up a "well used" 2001 200 exc. i have been wanting to get back into riding for a long time and i just could not pass up this deal. the bike is rough looking but fires up first kick and seems mechanically sound. unfortunately i have been out of riding so long i have never had a bike with rear disc brakes. the disc pads are not even on the bike. the guy i bought it from had the pin but not the 2 cotter pin type things that go into the 2 holes on the pin. it seems this "pin" is all that really holds the dics brake pads on. i have ordered disc pads and a pin(which i am assuming comes with the 2 cotter type pins). my main question is how do i compress the caliper which is now fully extended, so i can put the new disc pads in. also it is missing one of the tangs that the 2 exhaust pipe springs hook onto. the one that is still on looks like it just bolts on. any ideab where i can get one of these? and while i am at does anyone know where can i get a good service manual for this bike? any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Yamadad

Jul 17, 2005
You can just press the caliper back into the bore with a C clamp or maybe even your fingers. Take off the master cylinder cover and check the fluid first, to make sure it is not overly full and sloshes out everywhere.

But, be aware that if the caliper is fully extended then there is a chance the oil seal could be damaged or slipped out of place, causing a major leak.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom