2001 KX100 w/ extras - price help...

thenoyes

Apr 5, 2005
Looking at purchasing a 2001 KX100 that I found but I'm not sure on the price.

The guy wants $1800 for it but who knows what his kid did to it. It has some extras - pro circuit pipe and silencer, renthal bars, renthal sprocket, black acerbis plastic, works connection frame guards.

The price seems a bit high to me and I just need someone with more knowledge to enlighten me, thanks!

bikepilot

Nov 12, 2004
Seems a tad high, though not unrealistic. The condition of the bike is much more importaint than the add on's. The renthal bars might add a little, the rest of the parts listed are just inexpensive alternatives to oem parts, don't adjust the price up based on thoes parts. The 01 is virtually identicle to the 05 as far as I know. If the bike is very well maintained and everything is tight I would go for it. If not, I'd pass.

good luck

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
I just did a quick search on www.cycletrader.com for 2001-2003 KX 100's and found about 25 listed. The 2001's were mainly from $1600-$1800, and the 2003's around $2000, just for a comparison.

thenoyes

Apr 5, 2005
Thanks for the responses. I'm going to go take a look after work and if it looks good I'll offer him $1600. (I planned on offering him that much to begin with, but now at least I can feel a bit more confident about it.)

Thanks again!

PS Nikki, I just watched you short video, not too shabby ;)

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Depends on if the bike is tight and well maintained, and if the "extras" add any value to the deal for you in particular. If the extras included items like a skid plate, barkbusters, kickstand, and spark arrestor, and you plan to ride it only at a track, then they don't add any value. But take the time to price out items that you are going to have to add to the bike once you buy it - this includes add-ons and replacement wear items - you'd be surprised how quickly it adds up.

I spent over $500 on upgrading a good used bike to "my" specs after purchasing it.

FWIW.... A KX-100 I just sold...

http://dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?t=115766

Top Bottom