tomfoolery82

Jan 7, 2009
i bought a 2001 rm 125. just got the major repairs done for it to be ready to ride. friday i did a little snowcross at 1600ft elevation (2 in of snow not much) in my back yard. i will be riding the bike here somewhat but mostly in fresno, ca. the bike ran great there was no oil coming out the muffler. there is a good size dent on the pipe that seem to be leakin oil. today i took the bike to fresno to ride. elevation 296ft. i rode the bike on the street to get to the place were we going to ride. it was about 4 miles wide open. went to go ride on a abandoned golf course, thanks Trump, the bike preformed pretty well. i noticed the bike was kickin out a lot of oil. i had about a 2 in drip on the silencer and the dent in the pipe had the most oil on it i ever seen. i noticed in 5th gear with the throttle wide open after 10 seconds the engine sounded like i chopped the throttle, but i had it pined, then it keeps on going like it didnt miss a beat. it did it 3 times, not in a row. I got into 5th a lot today. i havent changed the jetting yet. i did clean the carb last week and noticed the pilot jet is 27.5 and my manual calls for a 42.5 the manual says the main jet should be #390. i forgot what mine is but its not that. im runnin 40:1. I let the bike idol for about 4 minutes today and when i came back to it and reved the throttle it bogged out for about 2 seconds then went to high revs. what do i need to do to this bike?

Last edited:

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
sure, not do 4 miles wide open throttle...
for the oil, i think you might have a bad seal in the cranck case...
but if was i, would inspect all engine as the manual says... maybe a complete rebuild is in order... do a compression check..

Top Bottom