duke

Oct 9, 1999
You would think Honda and Susuki would see the writing on the wall. Actaully, Kawasaki needs to step up to the plate as well. The KLX is no where near resembling an OEM model, unlike the year the 250 class debuted and hoard of XR250s raced

smb_katoomer

Feb 24, 2001
did anyone else really look at those huskies? they kick on the right side now? i know the two strokes do, but i thought the four strokes kicked on the left. Man those gas gas looked good too!

KDXfile

~SPONSOR~
Dec 6, 1999
Husky

This is a complete new engine design from Husky in 250cc & 400cc.
Not just another re-make of their old engine. Looks like a nice bike.
I'd like to get a test ride on one of those!

smb_katoomer

Feb 24, 2001
i would love to ride one of those huskies too, so it isn;t a rehash, the motor for all their four strokes are new? I like the way huskies look, and if they run like their two smokes, man look out! i'm kind of torn btween the husky and the TM though, man they look good too!

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
Too bad that picture didn't show the new VOR's. They are completely different. Parimeter frame. Smaller. Lighter. Gas Tank goes under the seat. A 250, 450, and 530. Quiet an impressive looking offering. The VOR shown there is a 2001 model.:)

KDXfile

~SPONSOR~
Dec 6, 1999
smb,
From info I'm getting from my local dealer, it's just the 250 and 400 enduros that are getting the new engine. The other models still have the older design. He also said something about a 150cc thumper in the works.

cetris

May 8, 2001
Gas Gas + DRZ

Anybody see a lot of DRZ-like looks in the Gas Gas 400. Man, I swear both sides of the motor look a whole lot like my DRZ. Of course, the rest of the bike looks like a works machine compared to my relatively mundane DRZ, but the similarity in the motors is amazing. Maybe I'm just hallucinating..again. :cool:

smb_katoomer

Feb 24, 2001
kdxfile, have you had much experience in the past with the huskies? i mean 4-strokes? i've seen the way their two-strokes run (very impressive). just wondering, cause i'm kinda torn between 250 and 400.

Kintan

Nov 30, 1999
I must say it is nice to hear people excited about husky once again. They have a long history in the motorcycle world . I think I am going to try a 360 or a new 400. They seem to be making a definate effort again.Some competition for the japaneese bikes is good to.

KDXfile

~SPONSOR~
Dec 6, 1999
katoomer,
I haven't had any personal experience on the thumpers; I rode a 00' WR250 all last year though. I was really impressed with the manufacturing quality of the bike. Probably the best of anything I've owned. I'm also torn between the 250 and 400 as far as the power goes. My local dealer will have some demos to ride so I plan to try and get a test ride on each when they come in.

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
Realtive to VOR I had an earlier post that pointed to a Italian web site with lots of neat pictures of VOR 2002 line...as well as a Bunch of other brands and other neet stuff.

I have a picture of a 2002 production 530 VOR., not the prototypes..I just don't know how to post it. Its awesome.:silly:

Jul 16, 2000
Nobody has given any importance to that Klx, I think Kawasaki could just copy it put a new gased up engine with an e-start and would be competitive for 2002
:)

Greg M

Jun 25, 1999
I am looking at a KTM300, but I do love thumpers.

I have been emailing the US importer for TM's for about a year with respect to their new 400. Back in February he got his first evaluation model and expected inventory in 90 days. I haven't heard from him since, but the bikes should be here any day now. I think it was Cycle World magazine that did a quick evaluation of the bike. They said it had old-world low end but also made blistering horsepower on top. That would be my bike of choice if I had the cash and they were available.

My local Husky dealer, I currently ride a 360, mentioned checking out www.husqvarna.it. You can switch the site to English and read all about their new 400. It sounds really impressive. This is not to mention that Husky won the world 400cc enduro championship on the bike and also the heavyweight class as well. Their presence in America has been lackluster until that last two years and it nice seeing them do well again. They have always done well in Europe though.

I have also owned a 610 and basically liked the bike. At 5'9", it was a little large for me in most respects. I sold it for a 99 Husky 250 which was sold for the 2000 360. If that new 400 was available, it might be my first choice. I would like to own something different than a Husky for a change.

How about a new Vertemati for $9,500 US? That is a seriously expensive bike, but with works WP suspension and billet everything, it is probably worth it if one had the cash.

I am curious about the 2002 VOR's can anyone post a link to their site? I know the Vertemati brothers developed their first bike and I am pleased to see they have taken the initiative to improve the bike on their own.

So many bikes so little money.

Greg M

P.S. And that Gas Gas would also be cool. Hey wait a minute, maybe Cannondale has the bugs worked out and the new bikes with the "max air" intake will really rip? Like I said, so many bikes so little cash.

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
Greg M...This was posted in an earlier thread in Thumper Central.....

Has some 2002 VOR stuff. Need to pick though the web site a bit:

Look on the enteries at the left hand side of this web page and there is a listing for new 2002 VOR's...click there and then at the bottom of that new page is a entery for potographs. Click on that to get a Bunch of great pictures as well as a picture of the VOR folks who bring these to us.

http://www.edisport.it/edisport/motociclismo/nhome.nsf

smb_katoomer

Feb 24, 2001
kdx, if you get a demo, please inlighten the rest of us! any insight as to the power and handling aspects would be great. i've made up my mind, next spring i will have a husky, but which one?:p

Top Bottom