Cr 1_2_5

Nov 13, 2005
Ok so i went to get my my dirt bike today. It is a 2001 Yz 125. When i got home my friend decided to stick his finger int he exhaust pipe and pulled it out his finger was black(obviously) but it was wet like oil. im new to 2 strokes so is that normal.and where the cylinder meets the pipe there was this black oil loking stuff all around it. i cleaned it off but is it normal? im hoping i didnt get my self into a mess buying this bike. and one more question xcould someone tell me what the gas/oil mixture is i do not know the ratio. Thanks alot phil.

Cr 1_2_5

Nov 13, 2005
thats exactly what mine is but its in the pipe not alot but tis there and buy the cyclinder. any help would be great and oil mixture ratio. i need to know im supposed to go riding tomorrow morning. Thanks Phil

T-Bone

~SPONSOR~
Feb 10, 2001
Your bike could be too rich or your fuel to pre-mix is too rich
Its very common. Just jet your bike by way of looking at your plug and every thing will be great

DLHamblin

May 27, 2005
Cr 1_2_5 said:
Ok so i went to get my my dirt bike today. It is a 2001 Yz 125. When i got home my friend decided to stick his finger int he exhaust pipe and pulled it out his finger was black(obviously) but it was wet like oil. im new to 2 strokes so is that normal.and where the cylinder meets the pipe there was this black oil loking stuff all around it. i cleaned it off but is it normal? im hoping i didnt get my self into a mess buying this bike. and one more question xcould someone tell me what the gas/oil mixture is i do not know the ratio. Thanks alot phil.

Without seeing it its hard to say if its excessive; but some of that is entirely normal in a 2-stroke; especially if its been running 32:1 or similar. Its just 2-stroke oil residue. On a 125; if its not been ridden hard you will often find a good amount.

You may want to check and if necessary repack the silencer if it hasn't been done. The packing can get soaked by the stuff and it makes your bike louder.

njrealtor55

Sep 22, 2005
oil ratio is in your manual. you can't go wrong with 32:1, although I run 40:1 using a amsoil inteceptor synthetic oil.

the black goo is normal - except you shouldn;t see it. it will not hurt anything. replace the o-rings on the pipe where the pipe slides into the cylinder. also clean the silencer and pipe and use high temp silicone to seal that connection up when you reinstall them.

after that you should have no problems with oil spooge leaking.

Cr 1_2_5

Nov 13, 2005
thanks fro all the great answers everyone. Im new to these bikes so im sure ill have some more questions but so far its been great. Thanks again Phil

Top Bottom