2001 yz 125 new pipe and reeds, rejetting??

jamrock

Apr 8, 2006
ok you bike mechanics guys. i just bought a turbinecore 2, a fatty pipe and vforce3 reeds, do i need to rejet? Fmf's web site has no listing for my bike.when i was at my dealer picking the parts up.A service guy said that the yz came stock with the settings on the carb for ( optimal performance...) now a few of my buddys tell me not to ride it till i bring it in to have it rejetted... there was no jets that came with the pipe. and the piece of paper that came with the pipe said this.

jetting recommendations from fmf

main jet 450
pilot jet 25
needle stock
clip position 2nd
air screw 1 out

now my manual says this

main jet 460
piolot jet 25
clip position 3rd
air screw 1 1/4

do i bring this info to my dealer and ask what does this mean! and they said they dont have a jet kit for my bike.
Will i be fine just running it ??????
Any help would be great thanks.

wornknobby

Feb 5, 2004
well how does your bike run? does it spew lots of oil or smoke alot?

I would put one thing at a time and check the jetting accordingly. put the reeds in and do plugs chops. make sure the plug is a light tan color. You don't want it to be black and sooty but you also don't want it to be a whitish color.

Next i would put the pipe on and do the same thing again. This way your not going to be overwelmed when you put all thsee accessories on the bike and you realze that you may be 8 jet sizes off! Take small steps and when something goes wrong you'll know what the problem is b/c you only changed one thing at a time.

jamrock

Apr 8, 2006
well i got the 450 jet in did not change the clip potion and did nothing to the air screw yet went to try it out yesterday. the bike ran perfect had alot more bottom end and top with the new reeds and pipe then i thought it would.but realy had more punch off the line. maybe that has to do with the clip postion. I guess i wont need the 12t front sprocket, I will just stick with stock 13t maybe get a 52 rear instead, i would highly recomend the vforce 3 reeds to anybody. as far as the smoke from the pipe goes it was just about right i was told by many riders yesterday. thanks for the help though.

Top Bottom