RM125Guy

Jun 30, 2001
Hello guys its been ages since ive posted...in fact i havent had an rm 125 like my username says for about 5 yrs haha... but i do now have a 2001 yz 250f and i have a few questions about it. First off is do any of you guys have any jetting suggestions. The bike setup is as follows. Brand new yamaha crank,new vertex piston,brand new head, new stock valves, 03 stage 1 hot cams, pro circuit ti-4 complete exhaust and a twin air filter. My next question is that im used to riding yz 250 two strokes but i havent rode in about two seasons now even with all of the mods that this bike has is it gonna be ok for me to do some trail riding and a few races here and there or is it going to be very anemic? I appreciate all of your feedback thank you.

bro

Mar 21, 2002
I am also in the process of switching from a YZ250 ('91) to a 250F (CRF250 '05). I came across a deal that was too good to turn down. It was late fall when I picked up the bike so I only road it once before winter set in. It seemed to do OK for me.

The way I look at it, the peak horsepower numbers are definitely going to be different. However, I doubt if I ever really used the top half of the horsepower curve on the YZ250 anyway. I think for trail riding and casual racing it should be fine. I have my fingers crossed.

Curt_704

Nov 7, 2001
I just sold my 01 yz250F and purchased an 06 yz450F. My 250F was a great bike! The power will be perfect for trail riding as it has decent low end without the arm wrenching mid range hit of a 250 2 stroke. For MX it's down on power a little, but you can ride the thing forever without getting tired. The only changes I made were a pro-circuit pipe, 03 cam, 40 leak jet, and a fuel screw. I'd recommend the 40 leak jet and fuel screw if your bike doesn't already have them - both of these items help control the off idle bog when you crack the throttle fast.

Top Bottom