radiclrad

Jul 5, 2006
I just bought a yz250 (2001) AND NOTICED THE HANDLE BAR VIBRATION IS TERRIBLE!! Is this normal with this year or might there be a problem. If it is normal what can I do to lessen some of the vibration. My last bike was a 99 kx250 and had no where near the vibration.

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
What are the handlebars? Did you check the clamps?

Hurricane19

Mar 24, 2005
Keep in mind that your kx had rubber mounted handle bars as yz has a solid mounted top triple clamp, assuming it is stock. You may want to look into 1 1/8" bars without a cross bar as they help due to flexing.

Mar 1, 2005
if your having extreme vibration your main bearings may be going bad.when was the last time the motor was rebuilt?you can check the condition of the bearings by trying to move the flywheel up and down and side to side.if you feel any movement the bearings are toast

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
Side to side movement is normal (although not excessive). Preocupy only with up and down movements.

radiclrad

Jul 5, 2006
Thanks for all the help but I called LSD Racing (Larry Dukes ) and he said to check the engine mounts to see if they are loose. Sure enough, 1 was a little loose, so I put the torque wrench to it and all is good!!

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
Well that's great to hear! Have fun riding ;)

Top Bottom