nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Your link isn't working (or it could just be me not working right) :confused:

Racers Edge

Jan 22, 2001
As kid100 said earlier the only differences are BNG (bold new graphics) and I guess the subframe. The german goes on about the european muffler being quieter. But The picture you see is the US/Canada model. I speak german so I thought I'd help you out.:cool:

Last edited:

theMotoMan

Jan 12, 2001
If these photos are of the 2002 US version, why aren't we seeing a press release or any other news about it? My gut feeling is there are going to be more changes than just BNG. Yamaha has pretty much improved the 400/426 every year to insure their lead in the marketplace. I think they will do the same. We all know they can make an extra 3-4 HP by just changing the pipe!

IDkTm

Jul 12, 2000
Wow obviously Yamaha cut the graphics departments budget for 2002. I'm sure there artists were happy with the creative freedom they were allowed with the bike. It makes sense for the bike to not change very much, this will only be its second year of production.

theMotoMan

Jan 12, 2001
As wildly successful as the 250F is, Yamaha would be stupid to just leave it as is and let the competition catch up with them.

Here's my wish list for 2002:
1. Lose about 5-7 pounds.
2. Adjustable bar mounts - for better ergos.
3. Lower seat height.
4. Redesigned exhaust - for more beans.
5. Automatic decompression release.
6. Bar mounted hot start button/switch.
7. Fix the bog problem.
8. Decent chain.

Here's my "I really wish, but don't think I'll get it list":
1. Electric start option.
2. No-link rear suspension ala KTM for reduced weight.

Buckholz

Mar 15, 2000
I heard/read that Yamaha replaced the crankshaft bushings with bearings for the 2002 to solve the problem of damaged bottom ends.....

CRGuy

Posts Too Much
Nov 14, 2000
At the factory a 426 was leaning on the 250 when graphics were just put on. The front part stuck but the back moved down. They are now doing this for there 02 bikes.

Top Bottom