2002 Cr 80 black oil

redrider50

Dec 22, 2002
I have a 2002 cr 80 with a pro circuit pipe and silencer. There is a problem, there is black oil spraying out of my silencer. There is also oil leaking out of my exhaust port where it meets my pipe. I think my jetting is too rich but I dont have a clue in the world how to go about re-jetting it. I am sure my local bike shop could do it for me but they are a little on the high side as far as prices and labor go. I wanted to try it myself to save a little cash and get some mechanical knowledge out of it, is it really hard to do? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot!

sluggerjoe

Dec 1, 2002
If you are not riding the bike pretty hard and keepig it cleaned out, this will happen no matter what. My 10 yr old son putts around on a yz80 that is jetted quite well for altitude, lots a splooge, he just doesn't open the throttle much. It cleans off easily and dad has an excuse to hop on an "clean her out a little".

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
It may be a good idea too go buy a owners manual and go from there.. Alot can be learned from the manual..
Hope this helps you,
Rick

rybo3

Jun 13, 2002
you also may need to re-pack your silencer and replace the seals and springs on your pipe.

YZracer53

Jan 30, 2003
My son raced a '99 CR80 last year and teh jetting is perfect. He just moved up to a 125 so my daughter decided she wanted to ride the CR. We never saw any spooge until she started riding. Everything stayed the same except the rider. My son rode at 75 - 100% throttle all of the time. My daughter rides at 25 - 50 % throttle. At that RPM, the engine never heats up enough to burn all of the fuel. It has to go somewhere, so the exhaust is the place. You can try leaning the carb a little (this is NOT an oil ratio problem) but if you get it lean enough so that you have no spooge in the middle, you will be way too lean on top. That could cause the engine to sieze. If you are running too rich (again air to fuel ratio: not oil to gas) the engine will make a kind of blubbering sound. Too lean will cause the engine respose to be sluggish and flat.

Most of the time, the spooge is caused by the engine not running in it's optimum RPM range, and not jetting problem.

kx_guy86

Feb 6, 2003
about the leak out of the pipe where it meats the engine. Just had that problem with my bike. Replaced the o-rings and its great!

DesertCrf

Oct 15, 2002
The spooge coming from your buke is common on all CR 80's. YZracer53 hit the nail on the head. Ride it like you stole it. It is meant to be revved.

Freaknzoid

Jul 23, 2002
First two stroke eh. That stuff is spooge. It is normal. If it is really bad you should repack your silencer.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…