Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
This bike is owned by my friend. He just retired it and bought his son a 2005 CR 85. The new engine is quite a bit nicer than the 02 bike. The new cylinder offers a bit of low end. Shocking on the 80...but on to the real question.

His wife has decided she would like to ride. I wonder just what coudl be done to turn this into a trail type engine? We can probably sneak 500.00 towards thsi project. I dont care if we take 5 hp from the top end. The top end power just will not be necessary. Low end has to improve for her to have a chance to ride this machine.

Do the big bore kits offer improved low end performance on this bike? I am curious as to how you guys might attack this project.

I would liek to hear any deas on this. Thank you in advance!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
A big bore kit, some EG porting and a Steahly flywheel should help.

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
Yeah, what Pat said. I just put a 100 cylinder on a KX85 and the bottom end is pretty darn good. Of course the thing is scary fast when ridden with that intent, but my 8 year old isn't quite a throttle happy as his dad.

We were riding in WV last week and I broke a chain. The little bike toted my son and me over the BIG, rutty, muddy hills and back to the cabin without complaint. With us and the accumulated mud, that little thing was carrying about 300 lbs!

Top Bottom