john stu

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 7, 2002
i just wanted to let everybody know my pain :( my fmf sst for my 2002 cr250 cracked a few weeks ago.two 6" long cracks in the middle of the metal not at the weld but here is the weird thing the pipe has not a dent or scratch or rust anywhere on it just cracked not even roost dents yet on the head pipe (i ride sand a lot) so i called fmf and they told me that i was basically screwed and that unless a had a receipt they could do nothing for me (i don't think so) so after speaking with the manager i finally got them to at least look at the pipe with no guarantee of anything.the good news is they agreed that it should not have cracked and are going to warranty the pipe:yeehaw: but now comes the bad news they told me they have no 2002 cr250 sst pipes in stock for at least 6 weeks and asked if i would settle for a fatty so i agreed ...until they told me the fatty for the 2002 cr250 is on backorder for even longer than the SST !!! :bang: they also told me they could not get me a pipe any other way (like from a distributor) and that they would not be able to reimburse me for a pipe if i bought it somewhere else. so anyway i just ordered my new pipe and i guess I'll have a spare when fmf finally sends me my new one. i don't know what happened i have used fmf for many years with no problems but at least they are going to send me a new pipe for free (if i ever get it) and all this after my fmf silencer fell apart when i took it apart to repack it for the first time all i did was unbolt the pipe from the canister and when i took it out the rivets at the other end came off inside and the three pieces inside the end cap fell out i fixed it but it was a pain.but like i said at they are going to send me a new pipe it just sucks they don't have one in stock after all they do make them you would think they would have them in stock?

va_yzrider

Apr 28, 2003
Tell them you will be shopping at Pro Circuit from now on and see if that changes their tune. Either way, you really can't go wrong with a PC Platinum pipe.

samham

Nov 22, 2002
Well, that helps make a decision for me. I bought a used 98cr250 a few years back with an fmf gnarly pipe on it. I noticed the same cracks. Had them welded...Pipe still develops more.... I was leaning the pro circuit way on a replacement pipe,,,this definately turns me that way.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom