jalbert

Jul 20, 2001
i hear the 2002 exc bikes won't have the new suspension like the sx models(48mm forks,hi/low shock).i'm thinking of just getting a sx 250 and converting it with a 18in. wheel,flywheel. and revalve the suspension.oh and a ims tank.i compete in the netra hare scramble series as a double a rider. think it's a good idea?

Guaryzzzpode

Feb 25, 2000
Jalbert, I would go for it and try an intermediate flywheel, not the stock one, as that extra snap the SX has will benefit you over the rest, as in holeshots and out of turns. I think 2002 will be a special year to do this because of all the differences between the SX and the EXC.
I hope KTM doesn't start doing what Suzuki and others did. By improving their MX bikes they finally killed the enduro versions, as people would buy the MX bike, make a few changes and had a much better bike than the stock enduro bike. Remember the RMX? the WR? (not the 4-stroke one)

jalbert

Jul 20, 2001
guaryzzzpode,ktm has already started doing it .2000 for example exc,mxc bikes didn't get the weldless swingarm,protaper style bars or the new seat, tank (with 3 gal capacity to work with sx style shrouds and seat) or shrouds.2002,none of the above or the updated suspension for exc's!

Tennessee Thumper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 23, 2000
I know it's doesn't have the same suspension,but the 250 sx and exc will share the same cylinder head this year.

Last edited:
Top Bottom