2002 KX 250, all stock. PC pipe time!

mattb348

Aug 2, 2005
I was reading Eric Gorr's motocross handbook, and it states that the only flaw with the 2002 KX 250 is small exhaust ports if I remember correctly. He said it has great low/mid power but falls flat on the top end. This basically seems to be true; it hits hard mid range, but then it gets to a certain rpm, and then takes like another 2 seconds or more to FULLY wind out; this is the case even in first gear. I'm assuming this isn't supposed to be the case considering that the banshee 350 I recently got doesn't have this problem; once the powerband hits it screams to its top RPM instantly, and doesn't really rev out anymore after that. Of course, the bike will still smoke it and has much more overall power :)

Anyways, Eric's book said you can remedy this by either porting, or just throwing on a pc pipe. I'm never gonna have this thing ported, so I'm just going to throw on a pro circuit works pipe, and the R304 silencer (The one for over-rev).

Do any of you have pro circuit pipes on your KX 250? Will I notice a big difference over the stock pipe & silencer thats on it? Also, do you think it would be foolish to throw a "shorty" silencer on it rather than the r304 one? It seems I just need the bike to rev out faster; low and mid power are fine. The shorty silencer just boosts the low end power, correct?

Thanks for any help!

- Matthew

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
I have ridden a 2002 KX 250 with the PC pipe and 304 silencer.

I believe you would save money and get better performance by havign him port the bike. The PC pipe felt soft. I did not like it aw well as stock.

I have no ttried the bike ported, but after trying the pipe I would take my chances.

Junkyard Dog

Mar 31, 2004
I run the PC Platinum with the factory sound 304 , it a good over all pipe for faster areas, but I noticed the biggest gain with the addition of V-force 3 reeds.

You can change back to the stock pipe if you don't like it, but not porting.

02 KX250, PC Platinum Factory 304, V-force 3, No porting 40:1 Belray H1R

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom