renaudkx250

Dec 31, 2008
hey, i have a 2002 kx 250, i want to know what i can do to get the most power out of it that i can, i do some track riding, and lots of pit riding and climb some pretty big hills, so far i have done to it is put an fmf shortysilencer on it, its got the stock gearing, (13,49) looking at gearing it down, im mainly looking for mid and bottom end, but still be able t have a little bit of top end, and info is greatly appretiated!

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
If you don't use 5th gear much, gearing down would be ok. I assume you have the jetting perfected? Power valve adjusted? Timing tweaked? Fresh reeds and silencer packing?

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
Well put a pipe on the bike first. I would get a pipe from Dynoport. Excellent quality pipes and a lot more power than the FMF/PC ones out there.

http://www.dynoport.com/

If you want more snap, get the Vforce reeds.

With those additions and the jetting being spot on, you should barely be able to hang on to that bike as it is. If you dont think the jetting is spot on, you may want to invest in a JD Jetting kit. They use special designed needles and always have great results.

other than that, send out the cylinder and get it ported. You can run a fat head, but then you are getting into running race gas all the time. And you can big bore the bike if that is not enough.

aaronnaland

Jan 19, 2009
V-force reeds do a good power increase if you just want an easy put on part but getting a good aftermarket header pipe does alot too. personally I like alot of dynoport pipes but i think that fmf's sst series is really great on 250 2-strokes. gearing down just one tooth on the front sprocket will increase power by far compared to adding teeth to the rear sprocket and is cheaper too. taking one tooth off of the front is equal to adding a little less than 4 to the rear. plus if you take teeth away you only have to shorten the chain mabey a little and if you add teeth in the back you have to lengthen the chain which usually means getting a new chain.

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
taking one tooth from the front sprocket will make the chain wear faster... and it will not add any power, will add torque at the back wheel with a proportional decrease in the speed...

Top Bottom