kta176

Jan 12, 2007
I have a 2002 KX250 that just recently started blowing alot of white smoke. I did the top end a week ago put in new rings, piston, and cylinder. I was riding for about 2 1/2 hours with no problem, I took a break and leaned the bike against my truck. When I started up I immediately noticed that the bike was blowing
constant white smoke out of the pipe. I replaced the head gasket to see if coolant was getting in but it's still blowing smoke. Anyone have an idea of what could be wrong?

BLACKeR

Oct 30, 2007
have you done a leak down test? its possible you warped your head. did you use a torque wrench and the proper procedure when tightening it down?

Last edited:

BLACKeR

Oct 30, 2007
i ask because a leak down test will show where any leaks in your engine are ahead of time. this way you avoid any costly air leaks and frustrating situations like this. to make a leak down tester you need an expanding rubber plug to plug your exhaust. then you need a rubber plug to plug your reed intake. that rubber plug needs to have a hole in it, so you can glue, or caulk in a valve stem. it must be air tight. then you pressurize the engine to 7 psi to do this i use a mighty vac. it should hold 7 psi for 10-15 min. with little to no drop. if you get a drop in PSI put some soapy water around your gaskets, and boots. where the soap bubbles you have a leak. also note that i edited my original post with another question.

Top Bottom