2strokes4life

Apr 1, 2009
I have a question for the gurus here. I bought my daughter a 2002 RM 125 off of CL for $500. I had to replace the cylinder/piston. There was also a problem with the power valve. The rod coming out of the bottom end was stuck. One of the ball bearings in that unit had moved from it's slot to another slot. Now the bike is all back together and runs good. This bike will be a trail bike that she (and I) will ride. I put one of the Namura Tech pistons in the bike to give it a try. Scared to run them in my 250's. Here are my questions.

1. The kick start doesn't want to return to the top. I'm sure I put it back together properly. If I don't manually return it, I can hear it grinding while it's down. When I return it to the top no problem. Could the spring be worn out or do you have to preload that spring? I debated that when I reassembled, but couldn't figure out how to preload it.

2.When I adjusted the power valve it seems pretty stiff. I adjusted it the way you are supposed to. I aligned the adjusted knob with the hash mark on the cover and turned one full turn clockwise. The powerband comes in a lot later than on my 250's. Is this adjusted too tight. I don't have much experience with 125's. I guess I can loosen the adjustment to make the powerband hit sooner. Is this true, or does it need to stay at the hash mark. Thanks in advance!

Top Bottom