Sherby24501

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2004
I have just bought an RM85 with a DEP pipe and V-force reeds. The engine bogs/four strokes at low speed, but runs OK as it gets on the pipe.

Any jetting suggestions and things to try would be appreciated. I would like to soften the hit until my daughter gets used to an 85 with a clutch so am also looking for ignition timing recommendations.

Thanks in advance.

Sherby

eswan41

Aug 26, 2002
I assume that you mean that the bike is bogging. If so,I had the same problem with a 2003 RM85, stock pipe and Vforce. It turned out that the pilot jet was a too small. I went one or two sizes bigger (I can't remember which).

If the bike is running snotty, go down one size on the pilot jet.

husabutt

Dec 26, 2005
Sherby24501 said:
I have just bought an RM85 with a DEP pipe and V-force reeds. The engine bogs/four strokes at low speed, but runs OK as it gets on the pipe.

Any jetting suggestions and things to try would be appreciated. I would like to soften the hit until my daughter gets used to an 85 with a clutch so am also looking for ignition timing recommendations.

Thanks in advance.

Sherby

A Steahly flywheel weight will help smooth out the hit. Raising the compression will boost low RPM torque. Advancing the ignition timing will aid in boosting torque. And of course gearing it down will make it easier for her to get used to a clutch.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Drop the needle (raise the clip) one notch from stock.

Use a BR9ES plug.

Turn the powervalve adjuster 1/4 turn clockwise.

You may want to go down a size or two on the pilot jet, but I would try these mods first.

When (if?) your daughter gets fast you'll probably want to go a step or two leaner on the main, also.

Top Bottom