Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2000
German Version Here with Pics of Two bikes

Loosely translated:

Friday, June 01, 2001 @ 10:55 to
by mfroitzh (webmaster@ktmclub.de)

FIRST VIEW OF THE KTM OF MODELS SX/EXC 2002
AGAIN: WP OF SUSPENSION ITEMS & NUMEROUS ONE ENGINE DETAIL

The KTM SX / EXC pallet 2002 covers: the Motocross models 125 / 250 / 380 / 400 / 520 SX
and the Enduro Competition of models 125 / 200 / 250 2t / 300 / 250 4t / 400 / 520 EXC.

And like used all KTM Bikes: ready to race and in the GP Look.

CHASSIS NEWS
The White power of suspension items shines with quite substantial innovations.
The SX of models has a WP 48 mm USD fork with Pre load Adjuster (direct from the GP sport).
All forks were again co-ordinated.

The WP PDS shock strut was strongly revised. It has a larger stroke and in the SX version a High/Low speed adjustment (likewise direct from the GP sport).
Adapted: new fork bridges and forged mounting elements.

2-TAKT OF ENGINES SX/EXC
Numerous detail improvements characterize the 200èr KTM 2-Takt of engines. The emphasis is situated during increase in output and in a spritzigeren responsing mode.

For example
New, lighter piston 200cc
New 125cc control flap
New, easier 250 SX crankshaft
New 250cc cylinder

4-TAKT OF ENGINES SX/EXC
The successful world champion engine generation was optimized in some details and gets a small sister in addition (250 EXC Racing).

For example:
Strengthened clutch
Optimized heat dissipation

Max Factor

Sponsoring Member
Oct 18, 2000
yarn,
Could be just me but there were no pictures on that link?
Reading between the lines of the upgrades, it appears as the RFS EXC models are virtually unchanged?? Or when it's referring to SX is it meaning both SX & EXC ?:think

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
Yarbo,

I could get any picture either.

I sure hope KTM does something special this year other than the 48mm forks on the SX only. I think with Honda coming out with the 450 this year, that all the manufacturers need to step it up! I am infamous for saying 'better dead than red', but this new Honda has my wallet itching!

yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2000
The link is correct. It appears they've taken it down. Basically it loks the same as the 2001 with the different graphics going over the seat. When I get home I'll see if I still have the pics in the temp folder to post. I seriously doubt that KTM will have a 450, unless it's a kit to down the 520 or up the 400. How long has it been for a 80cc?

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Great info, Yarbo! I hope I'm reading that correctly, a 250 four stroke for 2002! (At least in Europe. US won't be too far behind, I hope.)

Too long for the 80. I think it's been 15 years since KTM offered an MX mini-racer.

Strick-- you on a Honda? Uh huh. Riiiiiigghht. Ha, ha, ha! <slapping knee> That's a good one. ;)

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
Lori - You got me! I just can't buy a red bike, and I am too old and slow for a factory ride!! Guess I'll just wait for the 48mm forks on the MXC.

Top Bottom