2002 yz 250 suspension set up question???

ncgottiline

Sep 14, 2009
just wondering if anybody had the standard settings for the suspension on 02 yz 250. or if anyone had some recomded clicks for someone around 160 pounds. thanks been having some hard times with it.

YZ Teacher

Mar 13, 2007
I have a 2003 yz250

Here is my set up.
Forks. .47 spring rate. 14 clicks in on rebound. 10 on comp. oil level at 95mm. light weight oil 5wt. Fork sag at 3mm. Installed at the line on the outer tube even with the clamp top.

For you I would start with the stock springs .43 and make sure they are not sagged out. They should measure better than 17 1/4 inches. and tune from there. Start with 10 in on comp and rebound and tune to your liking. If you need .43 springs let me know as I have my stockers with no time on them at all.

YZ Teacher.

motoser

Sep 15, 2009
Please to whom can help me i am looking for: 1- where to by roost boosts for kdx 220 ,also i am looking for supention literature , i am bolivian mechanic, please help me ,i need compete address, webs, and emails, <motoser@cotes.net.bo> sincerely thanks , jaime medina medina from sucre bolivia ,

ncgottiline

Sep 14, 2009
thanks alot. one more thing when you say 14 clicks in does that mean starting from the left and clicking 14 clicks to the right or other way around thanks

Top Bottom