2003 CR125.....what should we expect?

XtremeAir125

Jul 5, 2001
I'm anxious to see what Honda's R&D are planning in the works for the 2003 CR125? I know last year all the money went to the CR250 and CRF450, so what should we expect next year's 03 models from Honda? Hopefully, you all the money will go into the CRF250 and CR125. Should I wait until August to get a 03 CR125 instead of selling my old 99? I don't race and just ride for fun but I am eager to see what Honda has up there sleaves for the 03 CR125. There #1 goal is to have a motor the mirrors the YZ and KTM, and if they come within range, it's guaranteed for bike of the year for 03. Anyone have any clues on what Honda is doing for next year's bike? Any info would be glady appreciated. Thanks!

Ryan

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Honda 1st need to put a decent piston in what they make, then the engine would have a fighting chance in the dyno wars.:scream:

yzeater

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2001
I think that Honda will have a good 125 class bike in 2k3, but it won't be a 125...Not to much money going in the loud R&D departments anymore:(

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
I don't know about that.. If they were jumping ship from the 2strokes, they sure wasted a lot of money and time in the redesign of the '02 CR250 engine.
I really hope they can get back on top of the class.. If only they had better ergos, I'd buy one at the drop of a hat. Being 6'5, they feel way too low for me. Apparently the KX feels more cramped, but I beg to differ.
Unless Honda makes their bike taller, my next bike will be a YZ or something European, unless Kawasaki steps up their quality which I don't see happening any time soon, unfortunately.

spanky250

Mod Ban
Dec 10, 2000
BNG, musical linkage rates, musical porting...the same thing it has gotten the last few years, with the end result still being the same.

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
I 2nd that unless for some miracle reason honda actually gets its act together and fixes the bike I see the samething happening it will just be marginally better than the '02. Its like how the '02 cr250 went alittle backwards from the '01 in power band style stock. Whats up with honda? It's very apparent were a majority of the R&D funds went CRF 450. With the rumors and honda semi confirming that there's a CRF 250R waiting they just said it was as far as long as the 450 was in production. I think honda will be stupid if it doesn't come out soon with it & how popular the YZ250F's are. If the CRF comes out the CR125 will probably just be the red headed step child to it. Hondas got a trick up it's sleeve and it isn't 2 stroke.

Top Bottom