Sicc1

Apr 14, 2007
Well i would post this on there boards but they dont accept free email accounts to register ><

Anyways i just bought the jd jet kit for my 03 cr250 and it says to start with the red needle on the 3rd clip.The red needle is the leaner needle.Im just a bit skepticle because i ride usually sea level to 2000 feet.I would think you would wanna start with the richer needle (blue) and work your way down.Anyone have any experience with this kit on a similar bike?

Also my bike is 100 percent stock.Ive had nothing but problems with the jetting so i decided to try this kit.

mbaird

May 25, 2006
I just installed this kit on my 03 cr250 . I am running a fatty pipe,
v-force reeds and an MXBonz exaust extension. I ride from 2500-
8000 ft.
The first step did not work well for my bike, but the 2nd step
cleaned up the entire range.
I noticed on my first long ride that I am getting a knock from the
engine, so I am assuming it is running too lean or my previous
jetting masked the need for higher octane fuel . The strange thing
is that I only notice the knock at mid range, I will try moving the clip down 1 notch.

any input from anyone more savvy at jetting than me (that would be most everyone) would be helpfull.

RocketRaccoon

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 7, 2006
I would love to help, but I just ordered my kit about 10 minutes ago so I haven't had any experience with it yet. I will be watching this thread though as I am sure I will be looking for answers myself. Good luck. :)

kta176

Jan 12, 2007
Start with the richer needle if you want to play it safe. Jetting takes a lot of trial and error to get perfect. Don't be afraid to go leaner, just be careful not to go too lean.

rerfurt

Jul 7, 2005
What have you tried in regards to jetting on the 03 CR250 - I have an 03 too, with its share of jetting problems, does any one have good experience with the TMX carb and what has worked for you with or without JD ?

Sicc1

Apr 14, 2007
Ok well i did a bunch of tuning today.So i did my testing at about 500 feet.What i settled on and runs great is a 410 main,30 pilot,and the red needle on the number 2 position.Runs clean all the way through.i tried all the positions on the red needle and anything past 3 spots from the top was WAY to rich.So i settled on the number 2 spot from the top.It runs awesome now!

Sicc1

Apr 14, 2007
Rerfurt as far as the stock jetting goes ill tell you what i know.The top end was way to rich on mine i leaned it down to around 390 or 400 main.But the bottom and mid range was pinging at low elevation so i tried a 32.5 pilot and it was way to rich.So i went back to 30 pilot went back a haf turn on my air screw(1 turn out) and that cleaned it up just off idle.Then for 1/4 to 1/2 i had to go down on my needle 1 or 2 spots depending on where im riding to get it to stop pinging.Thats with the stock needle.I ran it in the 4 spot from the top in the dunes at sea level.3rd spot from the top for mountains around 2k elevation.It helped but still didnt run perfectly clean it allways seemed to rich or to lean.

Keep in mind all this tuning was done sea level to 2000 feet.But i just got the JD jet kit to help clean it up.The needles the JD kit come with have 3 tapers so they make for more tunability and im way happier with the JD kit.

Top Bottom