2003 CR250 problems.

LosT_PropheT

Jul 23, 2007
I just recently purchased a used 2003 CR250, I was curious if there was any particular problems that that year/model bike is known to have, and what to look out for.

Any help would be appreciated.

LosT_PropheT

Jul 23, 2007
It needs to be cleaned up a little, but it's in pretty decent shape. I thought that every year/model kind of had it's own picky parts.

mtk

Jun 9, 2004
The only one I know of is the airbox-to-boot sealing area. There are a few aftermarket kits available to seal this junction better and they're probably money well-spent since an air/dirt leak here will quickly ruin the engine.

rosscopeeko

Feb 25, 2005
Just get some hondabond 4 and seal it from the inside like i did. Mine didn't have any leaks, but i did it as a precautionary measure. The 03 cr250 is a rock solid bike in terms of reliability. As mentioned, just do regular maintenance and enjoy it. The jetting might be a bit finicky like mine was, but a jd jetting kit cured that.

soulmate33

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 29, 2004
Watch Out!

The main thing to watch out for is......not hanging on properly when you twist that throttle! :debil:

Have Fun! :cool:

john3_16

May 17, 2004
The airbox doesn't leak on the 03' like it does on the 02' but it might be a good precautionary measure...

Mine has been fine.

keithcr250r

Apr 18, 2007
make sure u grease all your suspenision linkage ive had to replace twice...solid bike..change reeds good improvement

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…