SPEEDKING

Nov 23, 2005
Jeremy,

As I think you know the 2003 Service Honda used 2002 frame and suspension components.

Stock it comes with .44's and 4.8 or 4.9 rear shock. Both felt way soft to me.

I weigh 185lb and 225 with gear (tools, camelbk, etc) when riding enduros/qualifiers and Hare Scrambles. I'm less weight when running the Hare Scrambles...maybe 8lbs. But, add into the equation a 3 gallon tank plus 7lbs of the 500 engine over the 250.

I run a reasonably aggressive pace in the A class in both Hare Scrambles enduro/qualifiers. The guy I bought the bike from says he has your valving so I think I need your opinion on spring rates front and rear.

Last edited:

+30

Aug 2, 2005
Wow 40 lbs of gear, thats got to wear ya down. I noticed no one has replied all I can think of is go to racetech.com and check their spring rate generator listings. The stock 4.9 sounds soft to me too. (consider that a stock 04 rm 250 for example has a 5.2).- thats the highest of the bunch but just illustrating a point. I would think your undersprung how does your race sag and static sag look when your all geared up.

MRW

Oct 28, 2006
I`m thinkin 5.8 and .50`s with gear on.....I ain`t Jeremy, just bored :) Maybe .49`s with MX-Tech pistons. :cool:

Top Bottom