pbspecial

Jun 30, 2005
Just picked up a 2003 GasGas 250 DE, coming off of a 1998 250EC (loved it) Just wondering if anyone rides one of the 03's and if there any secrets i should know about. Suspension setup, gearing, etc. I'm an A Enduro rider that ride mostly in Michigan (Sand). Thanks

PB

RAH RAH

Aug 30, 2003
the head mod will give you a more efficient burn and greater power throughout while the jet kit gives the carb what it should have came with from the factory. If your fine with the power that you have, barkbusters, stabilizer and bars are all that you will need.

Eddiet

Nov 29, 2001
These are the changes I made to my 03 250 DE.
1. 38 pilot and adjust the clip on the needle according to the seasons.
2. 13 / 50 sprockets
3. added a fly wheel weight
4. Taller and softer seat foam with a gripper cover.
5. Solid disc rotor on the rear. ( broke rear rotors on my GG250 and my son broke his on a 03 GG 200)
6. LTR power valve cover.
7. Radiator braces and guards. ( Put them on my 250 and my sons 200, best investment we made for hard racing) !!!!!
Add some bark busters, adjusted the suspension to our liking, and we have run 2 full enduro season on them. I'm a Senior B rider, my son rides 200 A in SETRA. The only thing I want to add for this up coming year is an automatic clutch. Stalled the bike a few too many times this year. Good luck and enjoy.

JTT

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 2000
To elaborate, what the head mod is doing is closing up the squish clearance and sqush angle to a more optimized range. In stock form, they are very conservative, but loose some in efficiency because of it. I haven't broken down and done this mod myself yet, but feel it is a worthy mod based on the present clearance and angle.

Other than that, Eddiet covered most of the standard items. Gripper cover, with grip on sides for my knees is very important to me personally. If you are tall, higher rise bars, or clamp spacers may be a worthy addition. Lots of folks complain about the chain guide, as is the same on your previus bike, although I must admit I haven't had any issues with it yet.

Rim locks are crap, replace with Motion Pro ones.

Top Bottom