2003 GSXR 1000 Exhaust Comparisons?

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
Does anyone have a link to some exhaust comparisons for the 2003 GSXR exhaust systems available, preferrably slip-on cans. My buddy is looking to get a little more low-end from his bike and we were looking to find one that tip the power a bit more in the bottom.

Thanks,
Randy

Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
www.sportbikes.net is a good site. I'm sure they have something there under the Suzuki forums. I haven't rode the 1000, just the 750, and boy that thing rocks. For myself, it's almost to much for public roads.

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
I have ridden this 1000 briefly... I don't know why anyone would want more than this thing has. I told him he was crazy to want more power out of the bike, but he didn't listen to me.

Anyway, thanks for the link and I will check it out.

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
I didn't. I just really don't think he should mess with the bike. It's his first street bike and it is way more everywhere than he needs or any mere mortal. He seems to have his heart set on a pipe, though. *Sarcastic voice on* Besides, you can't see a sprocket change when you are cruising down the highway. *Sarcastic voice off* I think he wants it more for that fact than anything.

jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
Oh, I gotcha. Although, you can really make the bike sound good with aftermarket exhaust. We've got a female in training up here that bought a CBR600R about a month ago. It WAS her first bike (notice the emphasis on 'was'). She crashed it twice in two weeks. It's now in the shop getting a second set of fairings put on it.

Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
On a serious note though. I really really really hoped you talked him into buying leathers. That is just too much bike for a beginner :scream: I hope you can get him into some leathers.

Top Bottom