nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
How many times have you guys been beaten by someone because their bike was better than yours? Give me a break. :silly:

These bikes are all about the same. Around here, Suzuki rules. And I mean rules. All the fast guys ride Zooks, local pros, etc. Is it because they're better, or because they got a better deal/sponsorship package? MXA says the YZ125 is the best, but these guys on RM's pass 'em (even on straightaways lol) like they're standing still.

If you want to talk about power in the 125 class, that's KTM. End of story. But again, "they can't beat the RM's around here :confused: " ;)

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Originally posted by nephron
Is it because they're better, or because they got a better deal/sponsorship package?

It's probably mostly because of Suzuki's contingency program.

The RMs are definitely fast, though. At least the one I got. :cool:

XR400RMan

Dec 11, 2000
I don't agree with Spy-Yamaha about Honda not being able to make a 125 that will be as good as the Yamaha,KTM,or Suzuki. Honda is Plenty capable of making a better bike and right now the Yamaha seems to be everyone's Favorite 125 but that doesn't mean Honda can't make a better 125, The Reason I don't know if I would get a CR125R is because I have heard that Stock the Piston to Cylinder Clearance is to much and can shatter the Piston or cause Bore damage but I am sure its an easy fix but I don't know if that is even true, Who knows Honda might make the 2003 CR125R even worse than the 2002, I hope not but you never know, Everyone I have talked to said the 2001 engine was better than the 2002. Matt

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Here a great bit of gossip from a relaible source.The Cr125 has been tested with a new engine that has a 250 style servo powervalve, it has had development problems and thats why the 125 comes out later this year than the onther Crs.If honda cant iron out the bugs we will have a modified version of the 02 engine-this engine can rip if honda would just set it up better.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Originally posted by marcusgunby
this engine can rip if honda would just set it up better.

That what I don't understand. People are always talking about a lack of R&D dollars, but the engine could be made competitive at the factory for virtually nothing.

spoder

Nov 14, 2001
On motorcycledaily.com they have a complete list of changes to the bike and they are pretty exstencive eve the frame is supposed to be different!

SiCnTwIsTdYz

Apr 10, 2002
i realy hope the cr125 for 2003 is going to have an engine like the yz,rm,or ktm i heard that the 2003 kx125 is gonna get an entire makeover in the engine and they're gonna add a tapered swingarm like the yz's and a new frame design, i saw the 2003 cr125 also they do look identical to the 2002's we will have to wait till they come out and people buy them and ride them

Top Bottom