Screamn200

Aug 30, 2008
The other day I took my KTM to the river for a ride and noticed the forks have gone softer (I think, didnt ride it for long because I didnt want to damage anything) and whenever the front wheel comes off the ground there is a clunk. One of the plastic rebound knobs in top of forks keeps popping up too. Any suggestions as to what it could be? I've had no problems at all with forks until now. I might have been doing my tiedowns up to tight as well. Any help is much appreciated :)

Rommel

Apr 17, 2008
Clunk

Screamn200 said:
The other day I took my KTM to the river for a ride and noticed the forks have gone softer (I think, didnt ride it for long because I didnt want to damage anything) and whenever the front wheel comes off the ground there is a clunk. One of the plastic rebound knobs in top of forks keeps popping up too. Any suggestions as to what it could be? I've had no problems at all with forks until now. I might have been doing my tiedowns up to tight as well. Any help is much appreciated :)
Sounds like the dampener rod has unscrewed from the cap.

Screamn200

Aug 30, 2008
I took the handle bars off and removed the plastic clicker. it has nothing inside it (from parts catalogue it looks like it is meant to have a spring and two ball bearings going through the middle of it). If I replace these parts does any one know if that would fix it?

Screamn200

Aug 30, 2008
I presume they fell out when the plastic cap/rebound thing popped up. Think I'll be taking it to the bike ship to get fixed now. seals and oil was done 2 or 3 months ago by previous owner

Screamn200

Aug 30, 2008
have pulled apart forks. Both dampening rods have come unscrewed! was lucky forks didnt fall out. guy I got it off mustn't have done them up properly when putting back together. I think I'll lock tight them. have also replaced seals and oil. thanks for help

Rommel

Apr 17, 2008
200 forks

Screamn200 said:
have pulled apart forks. Both dampening rods have come unscrewed! was lucky forks didnt fall out. guy I got it off mustn't have done them up properly when putting back together. I think I'll lock tight them. have also replaced seals and oil. thanks for help
Your very welcome.

Top Bottom