Randy.G

Nov 30, 2003
I have an option to buy either a 2003 KX 125 or a 2003 RM 125 both bikes are new and are the same price, I was wondering what bike you guys would recommend and why.. thanks alot:D

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Its a tough choice -i had a 03 kx and rode my friends 03 rm alot, the engines are very close.KX has better brakes, RM has better suspension.RM is taller and KX is smaller so if your tall the RM is better.RM steers better.
Its a tie overall so it depends on your preferences.

Katoom_188

Nov 30, 2003
Id say get the KX. Some RMs have reliability issues from what I heard. Some kid I kno got an RM 250 04 and the nikasil in the cylinder started chipping. I own the 03 KX 250. Also, I have heard from my friends dad from down south, the guy got an 03 RM 125 and the bike seized first ride, got it rebuilt, then went out again and blew again. But again, its up to you, I just reccomend the KX

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
We have the 03 RM and have very few hours on it so far as we bought it for next season for my son. I wouldn't put much stock into the "I heard the bike blew up stories" Because it's the nature of these beasts and I'm sure we could all find someone who's relatively new bikes blew up. The one thing you will need to know for the RM is that the Canadian models come jetted WAY fat to the point I really feel someone goofed on the specs.

RMcommando

Aug 19, 2003
kawasaki have a long history of poorly desighned 125s especially the 1992. the suzuks on the other hand have been consistent with thier 125s. if you were to by a brand new 125 I think the suzuki would be the better option.

Dogman5

Jun 20, 2003
Originally posted by RMcommando
kawasaki have a long history of poorly desighned 125s especially the 1992. the suzuks on the other hand have been consistent with thier 125s. if you were to by a brand new 125 I think the suzuki would be the better option.

what long history is this you speak of? KXs are very reliable bikes, along with all major brands. And he is talking about 2003s, not 1992s.

The RM 125 spark plugs are up to around 25$ with tax. So youd better be riding that thing like the beast that it is, and be up to par with the jetting, because 4 spark plugs and your up to 100$!

But either would be an excellent choice performance wise! Just that whole RM 125 spark plug issue has always frightened me!

super125

Jan 1, 2004
I have a 2002RM125 and I have never heard of this $25 spark plug issue? I run a NGK BR9EG and my bikes runs perfect. Somebody please post a link to the thread discussing these RM125 spark plug issues.
thanks

Top Bottom