GhostRider32

Feb 10, 2004
Yes, that an accurate price. Kawi has supplemented the dealers in order to get the unused 2003's gone since the 2004's are here.

My question is are the Kawi's reliable or breakdown prone? I've never had a Kawi but I have had a 1993 CR250. The CR was bulletproof in terms of reliability. I suspect the Kawi is too but don't know for sure. Any comments?

Thanks for the help.

NWMyers#5

Jan 23, 2004
I am buying one next week and if you type 2003 KX250 into the search engine on this site you will get at least an hour of reading material if not more.

GhostRider32

Feb 10, 2004
Thanks guys for the input. I picked up the 03 KX250 yesterday. Runs great. Still haven't gotten it broken in completely yet. Seem's to have a lot of power. Definately feels like more power than my 93 CR250 but I could be just overly happy with the bike. :)

Porstala F9

Jul 30, 2003
Yeah, I took advantage of the same kind of deal.

The price on my 03 KX 125 was around 3200$ but with tax, shipping, and all the extra fees they get you on, it comes out to around 3800$. Still an incredible deal since my friend payed almost 6 and change for his 03 YZ 125 only two or three months before me! *sucker!*

I love it so far, even though all this snow around here has really put a damper on things. Only problems I have had thus far are fouling plugs pretty often. But come Spring I plan to adjust the jetting anyway :)

ironworker

America since 1908
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2004
I should have shopped

That price is unbelivable, i just bought my son a 04 KX 100 and it was 3100.00 before tax lic ect.
i tried to enter the search for bikes like the previous post noted but i enetered 03 YZF 250 and got nothing but garbage.
Heh. Great deal though, hope you enjoy it.

GhostRider32

Feb 10, 2004
I've fouled a couple of plugs myself but i think it was the 20:1 break-in gas oil mix. I didn't lug the bike but I didn't wind it out either. Other than that, now that I'm running less oil, it runs great.

GhostRider32

Feb 10, 2004
Well, after doing some serious reading on this forum, maybe it wasn't the 20:1 break-in fuel, I may need to rejet because it does seem to run very rich. The plugs come out tar black.

Porstala F9

Jul 30, 2003
My 03 KX 125 fouls plugs like crazy.

I took it out last weeked since it was pretty nice out, I put a fresh BR8EG in, and rode it as hard as I probably could. I had the engine screaming and got in the powerband at every opportunity, and whenever I came to a low speed to turn around or in a tight area, I kept the engine revving with the clutch pulled in. I have never ridden a bike so hard in my life, and the thing didnt foul when I was riding it, but when I turned it off after about 25 minutes of riding, I pulled the plug and the tip and inner thing are jet black, which was the same when I wasnt riding it so hard, so that cant be the problem. I guess the stock jetting on this thing is just terrible, because mine is fouling every ride. I guess I will have to jet, but I really dont know exactly what to do and where to start :(

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
If a 2 smoke is in proper conditioning the bike should not foul a plug - in 20++ yrs of riding 2 smokes I can count on both hands how many plugs I fouled.
Typically you are running a rich oil/gas ratio or the jetting is wrong - check them in that order. If you are running general mineral oil run 40 to 1, if synthetic 50 to 1. This is a good rule of thumb that works most of the time.

Top Bottom