jeredh

Oct 18, 2005
Hello All,

I purchased a Pro Circuit Works exhaust, and a Pro Circuit Nature Friendly spark arrestor for my 2003 KX250, and am extremely dissatisfied. I got these items directly from Parts Unlimited.
The packaging of both the Works exhaust header and the Nature Friendly spark arrestor clearly indicate that these parts are for a 2003-2004 KX250.
Neither one of them are even close to fitting my bike. The exhaust header seemingly fits okay, until you try to bolt the lower mount (near the coolant drain plug). Likewise, the Nature Friendly spark arrestor has mounting brackets welded about 1-1/2" too wide to mount to the rear subframe. Hell, i even tried to mount the spark arrestor to the subrame by itself and it is impossible. Very disappointing. I contacted Pro Circuit, and for one they never replied to my email. Two, the guy i got on the phone told me to assemble the entire exhaust and he reassured me it would fit. Total bull****.
:doh

I am returning the exhaust header and pipe to Pro Circuit and am going to try FMF.

In fact, i am thinking of just buying an OEM exhaust header. I have already resorted to using my factory spark arrestor...I just repacked it tonight.

Good Luck,
Jered

Thought I'd share my experience with you all.

JD_MXRacer

Nov 27, 2006
yea im sure that sucks. i got my 2t pc exhaust and it worked out fine. of course i didnt buy straight from parts, i bought from motosport. theyre usually pretty reliable except for having some parts in stock a lot.

mkelly04

Jul 27, 2007
I hate to ask, but you are using the rubber exhaust mounts arent you?

I know on 1 of my pc works pipes there was a small bracket included to bridge the gap between the pipe mounting bracket and the rubber exhaust mount. Maybe the bracket is still in the package?

Canmx120

Mar 25, 2006
Try the FMF, but dont go buy an oem pipe from the dealer, they are as much as aftermarket brands and are a dime a dozen on e-bay(talking $15-$40 a pipe).

Top Bottom