2003 MTDR Loretta Lynn's Spring Ride April 5 & 6

kx125racer

Feb 21, 2000
MTDR’S
2nd ANNUAL SPRING BIKE RIDE

AT

LORETTA LYNN’S Ranch
APRIL 5th & 6th, 2003

Middle Tennessee Dirt Riders, Inc. in cooperation with Volunteer State Trail Riders Association is proud to announce their second annual spring ride at the famous Loretta Lynn’s Ranch April 5th & 6th, 2003. This event will be for BIKES ONLY and all MTDR and VSTA dirt bike riding members are invited to attend.

This event will have a preregistration fee for all ages of $30.00 or a $40.00 fee at the event during designated registration hours. A MTDR or VSTA membership is required. The registration fee covers one and/or two days. The event will be rain or shine and the registration fee is nonrefundable. Rain generally improves the trails at Loretta’s and water drains off quickly.

Preregistration forms and payment must be postmarked on or before March 26, 2003. Failure to meet this dead line may result in the having to pay event registration fee of $40.00. All Preregistered riders will still need to come to registration during designated registration hours to sign release forms and pick up your wristbands.

If you are not a MTDR or VSTA member, you may still preregister. However, you will be required to join one of the organizations at registration during designated registration times.

Designated registration times are:

Friday the 4th - 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.

Saturday the 5th - 7:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.

Sunday the 6th - 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.

There will be a MANDATORY rider meeting on Saturday the 5th and Sunday the 6th at 8:30 a.m. or 10:30 a.m. All riders must attend one meeting each day before riding on the trail. The trailhead opens both days from 9:00 a.m. and closes at 3:00 p.m.

For more information on Middle Tennessee Dirt Riders, the event, and to get additional registration forms visit MTDR at www.mtdr.net For information on the Volunteer State Trail Riders Association please visit VSTA on the web at www.vstarider.com

For more information feel free to contact us:

Tom Stotler – President 615-714-9838 - info@mtdr.net

Sandy Petrou - Secretary 615-781-0094 - mudchick@comcast.net

Mark Bradshaw – Board Member 615-481-1204 - kx125racer@mindspring.com

The Trail:

The trail will be clearly marked and you can ride it at your own pace as much as you like during the open trail hours. There will be riding opportunities for all from beginner to advance. The trail lengths and locations will be announced at each of the rider meetings. The main trail’s difficulty level will be moderate. Some of the hill-climbs are tough, and occasionally the trail may be narrow and/or off-camber. Some of the areas are rocky and other areas are normal dirt. There’s usually little or no mud, even after a rain.

Camp Ground Information:

Camping is $20.00 per site per night per family up to two vehicles. Sharing of the campsite will entail an additional 20.00 per living quarters (i.e.. tents, trailers and motorhomes). Any additional vehicles are $5.00 each. If you park in a campsite, expect to pay camping. Please stop at the camping registration office when you arrive. If the office is closed when you arrive, please settle up with them first thing the next day. Camping will be permitted in the upper and lower campground.

Free Day Parking is only allowed in the lower campground in designated day parking area.

The campground has three nice bathhouses and a camp store that carries a little bit of everything from groceries to camping supplies. Loretta Lynn’s will offer breakfast and Lunch concessions at reasonable prices located at the cook shack and near the Camp Store. You’re on your own for dinner.

Activities For Non-riders:

There are a number of activities nearby for non-riders. There are tours, souvenir and specialty shops, crafts and clothing shops, etc. at Western Town at the LL Ranch. The new Loretta Lynn’s Museum is also open now. Waverly (6 miles N. on TN 13) is known for its antique and collectible shops.

Hotel Information at Exit 143:

Holiday Inn Express - (931-296-2999) Ask for the VSTA discount. Double room, two adults plus continental breakfast for $45.95

Best Western - (931-296-4251)

Days Inn - (931-296-7647 or 800-841-5813) Ask for VSTA discount. Double rooms around $40.00

Super 8 - (931-296-2432 or 800-800-8000)

Restaurants at Exit 143:

McDonalds, Subway, Arby’s, Big River Mexican, and Loretta’s Kitchen Directions:

About 60 mile west of Nashville, TN on I- 40 take the Linden/Waverly exit 143. Turn North on Highway 13 toward Waverly for 7 miles and turn left into the ranch entrance. The campground registration is immediately on your left and the campground entrance will be your second road on the left.

MTDR would like to thank VSTA and Loretta Lynn’s Ranch for this great opportunity and has plans to make the event unforgettable and enjoyable weekend of riding.

For complete detail and preregistration forms, visit www.mtdr.net

Thanks and hope to see you there,

Mark Bradshaw

tiller

Nov 4, 2002
I attended the fall 2001 ride. Admission was $!5.00. Plus a VSTA membership. That was fun and reasonable. I attended the spring 2002 ride, admission was $30.00 or so. It was fun but getting a little pricey for 1 days ride. I will never be able to go more than 1 daybecause of work and family commitments. This fall I decided to save my money and ride locally. With the price continually escallating you need to start offering a lower price for 1 day only riders. Not trying to offend anyone,just a suggestion and the reason I won't be going anymore.
Steve

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
How much is the VSTA or MTDR membership?

kx125racer

Feb 21, 2000
No offense taken Steve. We had to make a decision on what we felt was reasonable and what was not. That's the numbers we came up with when we took into consideration all the expenses and such(landowner payout, insurance, supplies, etc., etc.). Heck, I race and local races are 25 plus gate fee. Gets expensive but unfortunately, dirtbiking isn't cheap. Wish it was.

Julius, the vsta membership is 15 dollars and the mtdr is 35 dollars. If you are going to be riding with our club on other rides throughout the year, the mtdr membership is the way to go. If you just do the Loretta Lynn's fall and spring rides, join vsta.

Hope to see you there.

Nevada Sixx

Jan 14, 2000
doesnt loretta lynns have a mx track and trails also? is that place open for riding during the year for recreational riders on sunday? I've never been there, so i dont know...

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Wahoo!  I just got spousal approval for this ride!!! I'm going to take Friday off from work so we have a full day to get there and set up.

Nevada Sixx, Yes, they have an MX track.  It's where they hold the AMA Amateur National Championships.  Nobody is allowed to ride on it during this event, or hardly ever for that matter.  As far as I know, it's never open for practice.

And, the trails are never open to the public except for special events like the MTDR and the VSTA rides, and GNCC races.

tomthumb

Apr 12, 2000
Tiller,

Perhaps you are mistaken, the ride fee in 2001 for the fall VSTA ride was 25.00 and the VSTA membership was 15.00. If you only paid 15.00, consider yourself lucky. As kx125racer explained we looked at expenses and decided that a slight increase in the ride fee was needed. I hope the 5.00 increase will not keep you from joining in on the fun.

Nevada Sixx

As Timr mentioned, the motocross track is strictly off limits during this event and the ranch does not allow open riding at anytime.

I hope to see all of you at the riders meeting.

tomthumb
MTDR- President
VSTA - Board Member & LL Ride Master
OHV4TENNESEE - President

jcramin

~SPONSOR~
Aug 14, 2002
Does anyone know if the Loretta Lynn's Fall ride dates have been set yet ???

I know last year it was the last weekend in October

I am planning my vacation time and I want to make sure I get the right dates for the FALL ride also.

Thanks,
J

tomthumb

Apr 12, 2000
J,

I have not yet firmed up the fall dates with the ranch. Like last year, I will be requesting the last weekend in Oct. We will update the VSTA page as soon as the information becomes available.

See you soon.

tomthumb

kx125racer

Feb 21, 2000
MTDR has monthly rides, monthly meetings, monthly newsletters and is a dirt bike riding club(35 dollars a year). We also have a holiday and summer parties that involve motorcycle/watercraft activities. VSTA is an organization that represents off road atv and motorcyclists by helping organize and promote local clubs(15 dollars a year). They are statewide and sponsor a few rides throughout the year. With membership, you get a ride guide for tennessee and the surrounding areas alnog with mailings. Basically, if you just ride at the LL's events, join vsta. If you are in the middle tennessee area or are willing to travel to our monthly rides, join mtdr. Info can be found at www.mtdr.net . Hope you can join us at the ride.

billyjack

Jan 12, 2003
I'm still debating. I have 3 kids. Does each have to have a mtdr membership. Are there any family packages on the LL ride. They are all under 12.

sdprichard

Feb 11, 2002
Both the memberships, VSTA and MTDR are family memberships. Your payment of $15 or $35 is a one time per year membership. I believe the memberships end in June though. The LL rides are always great events and well worth the effort to attend.

tomthumb

Apr 12, 2000
Billy,

As mentioned, the organizational memberships are a family fee. If you join VSTA our MTDR in April you will be grandfathered into the next year. However, the ride fee is per rider young or old.

Hope to see you at the riders meeting.

tomthumb
info@mtdr.net

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Cal,

Are you guys going to get there on Friday?  Where did you camp last time?  We were in the upper section near the trail head.  We should attempt to park a bunch of us together.  I hope Mikeb & Patrick will make it out again.  Also, I'm going to twist Eddie's (TTRGuy) arm to get him out for this ride too.

Can't wait!!  :yeehaw:

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Not sure if we'll get there on Friday or not.  We definately need to get the crew together.  Mike and Patrick better show up.  I metioned it to Eddie and he acts like he will try to make it.  You grab his arms, I'll grab his legs and we'll make sure he's there. :laugh:

We didn't camp last time.  We just drove down that morning and back at night.  It's only about 1 1/2 hours for us.  I may camp this time, I don't know?

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
I will be there if Timr doenst kill me in Louisiana at the end of Feb. :scream: . As of right now I will doing the one day thing too. Drive up Sat morning ride all day and then drive home. We'll see.

Lemming

Looking for single women!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 19, 2000
I'm going to do my best to make this one. Maybe I'll have my CRF450 woods ready by then :thumb: Are there noise and/or spark arrestor requirements?

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Hey Tom, I wrote that!  I just reread it, sorry for the typos.

Tim - I've got a Kitchen pass for this event.  Yahoo.  Bobby Freeman is comitted to going as well.  I hope JP will go again.  We had a blast last year.  We'll leave friday and come home on Sunday afternoon.

tomthumb

Apr 12, 2000
Lemming,

No spark arrester requirements, only that you have a complete exhaust system at a reasonable volume. Bikes with out silencers will not be permitted to enter the trail. We do not have a noise test this year. However, the ranch manager has implied that a noise test maybe required in the future.

Tim,

I remember you writing this last year and I thought is was great. It took me awhile to dig it up again so I could post it. We start on the trail the first weekend in March. I’m going to try adding a few miles of more new stuff if the weather will permit. I had plans to be out there three different times this month only to be discouraged by the ugly weather.

I hope to see all of you at the Saturday morning riders meeting.

tomthumb
www.mtdr.net

Top Bottom