fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I have written a schedule of events for 2003 that will include the hare scrambles, enduros, CCC events and other off road events.  I am going to attempt to cut/paste it into this forum.  If it does not work and you want a copy, let me know and I will email it.

<B>
2003 Off Road Events Calendar – Michigan

April 13 Roselawn, IN - Enduro

April 20 EASTER WEEKEND

April 27 Portland, MI - Hare Scramble

May 3-4 Kalkaska, MI (HS)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;AND&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;Rites of Spring – Baldwin (CCC)

May 11 MOTHER’S DAY WEEKEND

May 17-18 Battle Creek, MI (HS)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; AND&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Bull Gap–ORV Safety (CCC)&nbsp;

May 24-26 MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND

June 1 WT Racing&nbsp; (Hare Scrambles)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; AND&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; CCC&nbsp; TBD

June 8 Bent Wheels (Hare Scrambles)

June 14-15 Carrieville-Pathfinders (CCC)

June 22 Twin Bay&nbsp; (Hare Scrambles)&nbsp;&nbsp; AND&nbsp; Kids Kamp-Baldwin (CCC)

June 29 Valley Trail&nbsp; (Hare Scrambles)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; AND&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Wolverine&nbsp; (CCC)

July 4-6 U.P. Trail Maintenance&nbsp; (CCC)

July 12-13 Dutch National HS&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; AND&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Kids XIII – Geels&nbsp; (CCC)

July 20 Marquette, MI &nbsp;National Enduro

July 27 Polka Dots (HS)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; AND&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Six Days of Michigan&nbsp;&nbsp; (CCC)

Aug 3&nbsp; Dual&nbsp;Sport and Enduro for Quads&nbsp; &nbsp;AND&nbsp;&nbsp; Six Days of Michigan (CCC)
Aug 10 Harrison, MI &nbsp;National Enduro&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; AND&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; CCC - TBD

Aug 17 Jack Pine Enduro&nbsp;– Moorestown, MI

Aug 24 Valley Trail (HS)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; AND&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Ride for Kids – Ann Arbor&nbsp; (CCC)

Aug 31 Bent Wheels – 8 hour HS&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;LABOR DAY WEEKEND

Sept 7 Twin Bay – Traverse City Enduro&nbsp; AND Elkhorn – Atlanta (CCC)

Sept 14 Wolverine Exhibition Off Road Event

Sept 21 Battle Creek Hare Scrambles&nbsp; AND Vintage – Frederick (CCC)

Sept 28 Portland Hare Scrambles

Oct 5 Color Tour – Mio (CCC)

Oct 12 Upland, IN Enduro

Oct 19 Toys for Kids – St. Helen&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; (CCC)

Oct 26 Trail Fest and Dual Sport Off Road Events– Moorestown, MI

Nov 2 Goshen, IN Enduro

Nov 9 Hare Scrambles and Enduro BANQUET</B>[/size]<B>
</B>&nbsp;

Last edited:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
God job Mike. I see TF is going to be combined with the LMC Dual sport.

Factor in DW 03 Sept 29 too! :yeehaw:

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
I'd propose that we get a Memorial Day Weekend ride scheduled - Wolverine, Ranch Rudolph, Kalkaska come to mind.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
LMC has a club meeting at the clubgrounds that weekend but we could get a ride oganized then as well. We can move "off campus" for a day too. Meet there, camp there and trailer the bikes somewhere from there.

Regarding summer TF. Mike and I have not gotten that far into planning. Takes some coordinatiuon efforts and we're just too far out for that. Maybe we can do something Memorial weekend combining some trail maintenance we need to have done by then and a trailride too. The club is responsibe for more trail maint this year, we could get it done quick with a lotta help! :aj: :aj:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I am planning to have two trail fests.&nbsp; Like Fred said, we have not had time to plan it.&nbsp; I may do a survey to get some feedback from the MI Trail Riders.&nbsp; We are planning on the October date because it is a free weekend for off road events, a late October date has worked for the group in the past, and we need to coordinate insurance and permits due to the size of the group.

The Pine Cone will be on the 16th (day before Jack Pine).

KTM033 - YES, an eight hour hare scrambles.&nbsp; I guess it was an idea of the AMA and Brian Marr.

Fred - Dirt Week is definitely on&nbsp;my calendar.&nbsp; The schedule was rather full and I wanted to keep it limited to Michigan events.

&nbsp;

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
A minor change to the schedule.&nbsp; The weekend of August 2/3 will be a work weekend at the LMC clubgrounds.&nbsp; If you are able to help, you will have many opportunities to work on our events.&nbsp;

1)&nbsp; We will be marking the trail for the Pine Cone and Jack Pine events.

2)&nbsp; We are planning a Dual Sport event (specific details to follow).

3)&nbsp; LMC is also planning a new event - an enduro for Quads.&nbsp; I need to find out more details on this event.&nbsp; I guess we are trying to appeal to all modes of off road riding.&nbsp; More info to follow.....

Mike

&nbsp;

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
[i
3)&nbsp; LMC is also planning a new event - an enduro for Quads.&nbsp; I need to find out more details on this event.&nbsp; I guess we are trying to appeal to all modes of off road riding.&nbsp; More info to follow.....

Mike

&nbsp; [/B]

OMG! :scream: :scream: :scream:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
My reaction was the same.

There will be a LMC club meeting on January 4th to discuss the 2003 events.&nbsp; The location of&nbsp;the meeting has not been determined&nbsp;yet.

Anyone who is interested is welcome to attend the meeting.&nbsp; You do NOT have to be a club member to attend, but you can not vote on any decisions.&nbsp; If you can not attend, I will post additional information after the meeting.

Mike

&nbsp;

Derhntr

May 1, 2001
I actually think the quad enduro is a neat idea. A organized quad event is sure to draw a big crowd. Big crowd equals big $$$$$$!. Now comming up with classes maybe more difficult. Would you do it by CC's or 2x4 and 4x4.

Now a mass moto-x start with a sharp left in to a single track trail, that in itself would be worth a $10 addmission just to watch. HAHAHAHAHA!

Brian

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Alan Randt is planning this event.&nbsp; I will see him tomorrow night.&nbsp; I'll get some more details and post them later this week.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
What about the "Snowy Chicken" out of Peacock LTD?
Woodsy

2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
Just an update..
June 14-15 Carrieville-Pathfinders (CCC) has been changed to June 7-8.
Location of the Kids Ride and the Vintage Ride are most likely swapped, putting the Vintage Ride TT at Geels.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Bringing this to the top...it's getting closer. Who's planning on going to the Rites of Spring ride weekend? I want to get there Friday Night -ride a big loop Saturday and ride with my Kids sunday. May 3-4. We established a MI DRN campsite last year to make it easy for all to find each other. Those that were there last year kjnow where that is. I'm trying to figure out if I can get my daughter certified in the training and still ride Saturday. Has anyone don this? Do I need to be there with her? How do I get her signed up?

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Fred -

I'm planning on going to the Rites weekend, and am also very interested in getting the ORV safety training for Zach. I have a few numbers to call to find out what's exactly involved. I'll post once I find something out, or if anyone else can jump in here.

Would the Rites weekend and the Whiskey Creek campgrounds be good for my wife and daughters to attend? Are there any other "fun" things to do for them there, i.e. horseback riding, playground, etc.? Sounds like it might be a good family weekend, but I don't want them to be bored.

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Fred, I looked into getting Emily certified last year (or two years ago?), but she didn't want to when it came down to it. You need to call ahead to reserve a spot, there's only so many slots and they get taken up quickly. You can also leave her there while you ride. It's an all day event. I stayed and watched when my two boys took the class, and they really to a great job. I learned some tricks on turning around on a steep uphill slope and crossing a log that I never knew before.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Fred,

You can sign up Erin for the class when you sign up for the trail ride.&nbsp; It is my impression that they do not require the parents to be present during the training.&nbsp; The CCC has plenty of instructors to supervise.

&nbsp;Mike

&nbsp;

Top Bottom