Randy.G

Nov 30, 2003
Hi, I have a 2003 RM 125 that iI just bough recently, I was warming it up one day and it just stalled and wouldnt start again so i took out the spark plug and cleaned it and then it worked but then about 1 min later it died again so i cleaned the plug again and the same thing kept happing and the plug wasnt even dirty any suggestions on whats wrong?

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Sounds like its rich and has fouled the plug, the rm needs to be really leaned out with the jetting as it comes really rich std.
Do a search for previous threads on this.

Randy.G

Nov 30, 2003
Do you mean run a diff gas/oil mix. im runnig 30:1 right now, so do u mean like 29:1? or ??????????????????????? sorry im not to good at this stuff

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
First off I see your in Canada which means if you bought this bike in Canada it comes with the Rest of the World jetting specs instead of the USA jetting. Unfortunately those specs are WAY too rich to even keep the bike running. If you do a search in this forum there is a few 2003 RM125 jetting threads with much info. While jetting is always fuel/oil/climate etc specific I dropped ours from the 560 main straight to the USA spec of 460 right out of the box and I am still pretty rich on the main I think. As for the plug I would tend to replace the plug when it fouls versus cleaning it of course you might change your mind when you find out what the stock spec'd plug is worth at the dealer :eek: You should have got some jets in the spare parts kit that came with the bike so you might want to start stepping it down a few main sizes and go from there. As for the ratio pick one and stick with it and make your adjustments to the jetting.

adstott

May 23, 2002
As to the part about the spark plug not even being fouled. I've found on my Cr 125 it doesn't take much to foul a plug. The first time I fouled a plug it looked okay to me I put it back in and nothing happened. I put in a new plug and it fired right up, obviously it was too rich but it doesn't take much to foul a plug to the point that it won't work.

Casper250

Motosapien
Dec 12, 2000
Originally posted by Chili
You should have got some jets in the spare parts kit that came with the bike

Is this a Canadian thing? I didn't get a spare parts kit when i bought my kx new.

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
Most bikes up here come with a full parts kit. Our RM came with a 1 of every gasket/seal on the bike, a complete top end kit, 1 clutch and 1 brake lever, a hand ful of main jets and a few other nicnacs I'm forgetting at the moment. Not sure about the KX specifically as we have never purchased one new but I know the Yamaha's up here come with a similar kit.

Last edited:

adstott

May 23, 2002
After the conversion to US Dollar, do the bikes still cost the same or is this spare parts kit figured into the cost of the bike?

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
Originally posted by adstott
After the conversion to US Dollar, do the bikes still cost the same or is this spare parts kit figured into the cost of the bike?

Right now the Canadian dollar has been making a rally on the currency market so for an American to purchase the bike in Canada at this particular moment would probably cost you a few hundred more. At this time last year the bike would have been hundreds of dollars cheaper and included the parts kit. The currency difference created a market for people like North American Motorcycle Brokers ( http://www.motorcycle-brokers.com/ )who were esssentially buying Canadian bikes, selling at low prices and relying on the currency exchange to provide their profit margin.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Our bikes are similar priced to US bikes but we get the spares kit, i was always surprised how much the US pays condsidering how big your market is.

Top Bottom