Danszig

Jul 27, 2018
Hi dirtriders, Im planing to buy an 03 Suzuki rm100 for me, I’m 30 years old, 5’7 and weight about 170 lbs. I want a small dirty bike to ride it on a few small trails and empty lots close to my house, nothing fancy, just to ride around on a Sunday morning and get a little dirty. I’ve tested a few bikes (yz250f and cr450f) and I felt overpowered by this machines, could barely touch the ground with both toes, and had a hard time starting them. What do you guys think?

Thanks and have a great day

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
The RM100 will be lots of fun to ride.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Agreed, that RM will be a blast throwing around on the trails. You can always get something bigger later on, if you feel like you need to.

Danszig

Jul 27, 2018
Hi dirtriders, Im planing to buy an 03 Suzuki rm100 for me, I’m 30 years old, 5’7 and weight about 170 lbs. I want a small dirty bike to ride it on a few small trails and empty lots close to my house, nothing fancy, just to ride around on a Sunday morning and get a little dirty. I’ve tested a few bikes (yz250f and cr450f) and I felt overpowered by this machines, could barely touch the ground with both toes, and had a hard time starting them. What do you guys think?

Thanks and have a great day

Hi Dirtriders, the purchase didn’t go through, the seller was kinda sketchy, the bike was advertised as a rm100 , and was actually an 85 big wheel bored to 100. It did not had a title and looked way worst than in the pictures. I ran as fast as I could. Luckily there was another seller with a 2008 Kawasaki kx100 with a few aftermarket things, very clean bike and a great price. So I bought it. It’s a nice one, very fast.

Attachments

• D88A6A1E-D6D7-455D-B3E8-49649FB60F2B.jpeg
    D88A6A1E-D6D7-455D-B3E8-49649FB60F2B.jpeg
    443.5 KB · Views: 487

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Thanks Rich, I’ve been reading a few posts and a lot of riders really don’t like the fact on an adult riding a small bike.

That's because they've never tried it. I have a 60hp CRF450 in my garage next to a 20hp CRF150R big wheel . Guess which one is truly the most fun to ride?

Branden

Jan 26, 2019
I am sure you must be having great times on it but I am way smaller than you at 5 ft. 4 and only 117 lbs I couldnt touch the ground eater so I bought a 85 rm 250 I can touch the ground great eaven in the woods I know you already bought it but in the future I thought you might like to know that when the top end goes on kawasakis you need to buy a new cylinder every time you rebuild your top end the suzukis you can just bore out to the next size piston much cheaper and I am not familiar with what size wheels a kx 100 has I only rode 85 and 250s but in the woods bigger tires handle better in holes ruts and just in general better clearance for logs , rocks etc.i know you will have great fun learning and riding dont forget your protective gear and expecially a full face helmet .it saved my life.congradulations on the bike I bet it moves hope some of this helps good luck get muddy ps suspension heights can be adjusted both front and back

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
I am sure you must be having great times on it but I am way smaller than you at 5 ft. 4 and only 117 lbs I couldnt touch the ground eater so I bought a 85 rm 250 I can touch the ground great eaven in the woods I know you already bought it but in the future I thought you might like to know that when the top end goes on kawasakis you need to buy a new cylinder every time you rebuild your top end

That isn't even close to being accurate. The KX has a plated bore and the top end can be rebuilt multiple times. Fact is the plating is so tough on modern cylinders that they essentially never need to be replaced short of seizing the engine really badly. The iron liner in older cylinders wears at a fairly consistent and some might say rapid rate. Iron liners are a technology whose time has past.

Top Bottom