Tinman18976

May 16, 2004
In Feb I bought a new 2003 WR250F and am regretting that I did not go for the 450. It is "still stock" as I am not sure I want to spend the money if it does not greatly improve the performance. I am in Western Canada and do a lot of woods/Mountain riding. Seems big hills I don't have enough power to climb in 3rd yet second is too slow. As the bike is rated in Torque instead of hp I am not sure what the mods do , do they increase the power by 10%? I only want to spend a maximum of around $500 U.S as...that 's a million Canadian dollars haha. The muffler insert is wielded so I cannot change that to the GYTR insert. So my question to those that have this bike is what do I spend the $500 on for the biggest bang for the buck...and is it worth trying to save?

At this point as my bike has been ridden the dealer wants 2 grand to upgrade me and my wife would kill me as the bike was 7 thousand already so the 450 is out of my reach.
I want the bike to last for years so I do not want to radically change things that may lower the longevity of the motor.

PS-Noise is not a concern, has anyone changed the spockets to give it a bit more hill climbing capabilities and if so did it scew up the shifting ratio.?for example now is 1st just way to low..?

Any help is appreciated, Thanks

jerryls

Dec 6, 2003
The best mods you can do are: remove the buttplug from the muffler (even if its welded on), replace with a BMP insert (probably requiring some re-welding), open up the airbox, do the grey wire mod, and get the JD jetting kit.

Just doing this should make a significant difference in how the bike runs.

For more info, check out the WR250 forum at thumpertalk.

Good luck!

Top Bottom