KDXman_88

Jul 27, 2004
Can someone please tell me the stock settings for a 2003 YZ250. the last guy that had the bike had them a lot different from what i would like because he was lighter than me. Also on the left fork the clickers are a big tough to click in comparison to the right fork. they are effortless and then the left ones are a littles stiff on the compression and rebound. Also is there any good set up for riding both woods and some MX. i have been a little hesitant about sending my suspension off because i dont want to have a single purpose bike.

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
I doubt you'll end up with a single purpose bike.

I know that sending your suspension off SOUNDS like that.
I own a 97, 99, and an 02 YZ 250. The stock fork valving is so far off that anything would be an improvement. I spent a lot of money on the forks. Subtanks, springs, etc. I never found any set-up that was decent without revalving. I believe the factory engineers were drunk when they picked the stock fork valving, or they weighed 450 lbs.

I believe the shock is liveable as it comes from the factory. The forks are not. A motocross valved fork is going to feel much better than stock in all conditions (IMHO).

i_955

Dec 18, 2004
Sounds like they need to be cleaned.

Do it yourself or take them to a shop.
Once clean and fresh oil, set the clickers in the middle of their adjustment, ride it and adjust from there. If you can't get them to mellow out then you have 2 options; revalve or ride harder. Wussy :laugh: JK :p

Last edited:

KDXman_88

Jul 27, 2004
The suspension is alright for what i have been doing and today i set the sag for the bike and clicked the clickers in a couple so we will see how this feels riding saturday.

Top Bottom