MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
Now that I sold my 250F I'm going to be getting one soon as they get them in but I was wondering has anyone heard of or seen any ride reviews? Honda has been pretty secretive about this bike I haven't even seen a pic of the left side of the motor yet!

thomasw

Apr 11, 2002
Originally posted by MXP1MP
Now that I sold my 250F I'm going to be getting one soon as they get them in but I was wondering has anyone heard of or seen any ride reviews? Honda has been pretty secretive about this bike I haven't even seen a pic of the left side of the motor yet!

I trying to sell my YZF 250 or trade in it against a CR 125 -04. I want a Suzuki but cant trade my yzf agains it whit a good deal.

steve125

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Think it's impossible that honda could make it slower than the 03???......The Kawie, YZ , Suz, KTM all flat out rip for stock bikes!!!.......The 04 honda 250 motor is not that great and I'm betting the 125 won't be either. You guys that are going to race against these new 4 strokes :o better pick a very fast 125 or get smoked!!

Jman271

~SPONSOR~
Oct 18, 2001
Steve speaks the truth,,,,if you are gonna ride a 2 stroke 125, go w/ the HP. The KTM or the YZ make tons of power bone stock, w/ some simple mods, they haul @$$ and will pull some 250F's. I have had Hondas for the past couple of yrs, they handle good, but they are very under powerd compared to the other's. Even a mod CR 125 will have it's work cut out to compete. I can't speak for the 04 RM/KX, but I sat on them, they are very slim and comfy. I have a mod 03 125sx, it is a ripper,,,she puts out some serious torque and power!

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
The other bike I'm really seriously getting and leaning towards is the '04 KX 125. I loved my '02 YZ125 but I just didn't like it's sky high seat height, can you guys tell me how the KX compares to the YZ motorwise? I had thought about the RM but it's just not stable enough for me but I do like it's plush suspenion but sounds like the KX has plush suspenion too. Things I didn't like about the YZ to tall, not the lightest of clutch pulls, and mid stroke harshness in the forks.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
i felt that the 03kx125 wasnt as strong motorwise as the 02rm125 that i rode(both stock).

dont get lulled into thinking the rm is unstable, thats just what the mags put out, it does turn really, really well though and i eat dirt on my second lap on the rm!

the kx is a lot smaller than the rm though, i got the rm since i am tall, the kx felt like a mini bike to me.

CR_Racer

Oct 25, 1999
The mag. reviews are raving about the new 04 KX 125 with the higher seat and it is pumping out 35 hp which is close to a KTM 125 is 35.5 hp that is a hell of a lot for a 125. I think my next bike will be a 04 KX 125 I would never buy a Cr 125 after riding a 03 model I think my xr 200 had more power.

Top Bottom