defo26

Apr 23, 2007
Im getting ready to sell my 2004 crf250r. It has trouble trying to start. Takes like 30-50 kicks. Im not the kinda guy who sells a crap bike to someone, because I bought my first bike used because I didnt have the money for a new one and i was very lucky the bike ran strong for 2 years. Now i want to sell it but i cant if it wont start. I just had new valves put in a new cylinder head, shims, valve springs the whole deal.The bike rode good for about 15 hours. The one thing i noticed is the bike had no compression. the valves have about 15 hours on them. Could they need a revalve? But would it really have that much loss in compression becuase the valves are out of spec?

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
defo26 said:
The bike rode good for about 15 hours. The one thing i noticed is the bike had no compression. the valves have about 15 hours on them. Could they need a revalve? But would it really have that much loss in compression becuase the valves are out of spec?

It would only take one valve to be out of spec (too tight) to lose compression. Check your clearance.

Top Bottom