WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Did this forum die?
RM_guy, Papakeith, I thought you two were picking up the slack?

Okay, let's get down to business and start planning some 2004 events.
Cross off May 15-16 and July 25th off the schedule... club races.

Woods

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I'd like to start planning our spring ride for the first week in May, like this year. It seemed like a lot of people were able to make it then. How about the 8th and 9th of May at Paragon?

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Nothing on my calender for that weekend. Last year we had 25 to 30 riders at the spring ride. Let's see if we can make this one even bigger!

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
I'm down for the spring ride with at least 2 others!

I'd like to go again, maybe a winter ride? I know it's cold...but it could be fun!

Dapper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 25, 2002
With that much notice I think I can pencil it in. Maybe I can make it this time :thumb:

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
You sure Dap? :laugh: If you dont make it i'm going to swing up that way and kidnap you.

Begining of May might work for me. Having a set date helps so i can plan stuff later.

A winter ride? Dont know, but i suppose i could do it as long as there is no snow or ice on the ground. I'm still waiting to hear from Flying Scot about his bike. Should be sometime soon so that is when i would ride Paragon this fall if i do. Otherwise i will be back out there for the spring ride, camping of course! :cool:

Non ride related, i would like to get in some outdoor races if anyone is interested in going or doing a overnighter at one.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Originally posted by Tree jumper
Otherwise i will be back out there for the spring ride, camping of course! :cool:

Possibly some flaming marshmallow tossing with Flyin Scots kids again?

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
I don't know, May 8-9 is kind of short notice, but I think I can fit it into my schedule.&nbsp;

&nbsp;

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Originally posted by dirtybkr
Hey Bill , what's the date for the dual sport ride in Hancock ? That would make for a great weekend DYDR ride .
If your bike happens to be licenced...don't ge me started :moon:

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Awww poor RM_guy, even after sending him detailed instructions (twice), he still can't figure out how to get his bike licensed. Guess we won't have to punish you at all the fun rides this year. :D

BTW - May 8th and 9th is not good since May 9th is Mother's Day. May 1st and 2nd would be a better choice or maybe the first weekend in June.

Flubie - Hancock is usually late June. Don't think I'll ride both days this year. Probably just Sunday since Saturday was a lot of road. Another fun ride would be up in Florida, Mass. (Reunion Ride area). Not much singletrack, but a lot of fun, rocky, hills. Better eat your Wheaties.

CaptainObvious

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Originally posted by WoodsRider
BTW - May 8th and 9th is not good since May 9th is Mother's Day. May 1st and 2nd would be a better choice or maybe the first weekend in June.&nbsp;

Too late, I've already marked my calender ;)&nbsp;

June? It's a spring ride. What about April? That's spring.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
I guess we all know who the mommas boy is....already planning for Mothers Day

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
he just knows who wears the pants in his family, that's all ;)
I'm in for either weekend.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Crap. If I had known it was mother's Day on the 9th I never would have suggested it. Let's go with the 1st & 2nd. I know who wears the pants in my family :eek:

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Well, I'll be. You guys are whipped!

I wear the pants in my family! I decide when and where I'm going to ride, and with whom. I make my own schedule. I'm the king of my domain.

as long as it doesn't conflict with my wifes schedule for me, I can do whatever I want. Unless of course she tells me I shouldn't ;)

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
It has nothing to do with who wears the pants, but at least RM_guy admits he wears the skirts at his house.

Just remember boys... if momma ain't happy, ain't NOBODY happy!

Wish I could make a winter ride in Paragon, but with two months to go I don't dare travel more than an hour from home. When they're in the last trimester the personality can go from Little-Bo-Peep to Lucifer in 2.3 seconds. I'm already in the dog house because I'm going to Europe next week on business.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Did someone say WINTER RIDE?

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Originally posted by SqueakyGirl
Did someone say WINTER RIDE?

WINTER RIDE! :moon:

People ride in the winter? I'm waiting for hunting season to be over so i can finish cutting some more single track. It sucks having to walk it instead of riding it. :( Like i said before, as long as there isnt snow or ice on the ground i'm game. Someone just pick a good weekend. At this point it will be in January as December is usually pretty full with the holidays. Course i could break out the Christmas lights for the bike. :)

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
From the looks of the forecast we may HAVE to wait until spring.

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Riding on snow and ice can be a hoot. Don't knock it until you try it... unless you're a Nancy! ;)

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Hmmmmmm.....I rememeber wanting to join you Nor'easterners last year and I'm thinking about it again this year. Especially now that I've actually met most of you in person, how can I not want in on your fun?

So what's the scoop on the nearest airport? Where is this Paragon place anyway? Would anyone have a spare bike? I don't think I can talk Farmer John into driving my bike out this time :)

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Hey Nat,

Actually FarmerJohn is coming out this summer (not the spring ride) to visit family and we will be planning a ride there during that time frame. I dont know what the closest airport is but could findout. Its 200 miles away from me. Dont have a bike close to what yours is but if i get my YZ running your welcome to the tamed down 450F. Also i could hook you up with all camping supplies, etc that you'd need.

CaptainObvious

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Nat,

The closest (commercial) airport is Allentown, PA – ABE. However from CA your best bet would be to fly into Newark NJ or Philadelphia. Paragon is about a 2 hour drive from either airport and about an hour from ABE. If you fly into Newark I can give you a ride as I work in that area but I’m just a little over an hour from Paragon.

I’ll make this easy for you, you and yours and stay with me and mine, and you could travel to Paragon with us. I have some spare bikes as well.

Paragon is a great place to ride!

Top Bottom