childress04

Jun 4, 2007
ok im new here and seein if any one knew if its my jetting or not i talked to the dealership when i put my new piston and rings in they said to put double the mixture amount of oil in the gas tank when running it takes a 40:1 ratio so i did double the oil mixuture. and now there seems to be nothin but practilly oil in carb and it wont pick up on te rev for higher rpms it goes a little when you hit the throttle but then just goes to a over rev on and barely goes any where it does this on all six gears. that and if some one knows hows to adjust my carb for fuel to air ratio because since i got the bike ive had to run and pop it into first to get it started and it only works with the kick starter if the engine is really hot so it also wont start from cold start either like i said im knew at this stuff and if any one could give pionters on what it could be that would be most gratefull im at yalls mercy thanx.

micshol

Feb 7, 2007
for starters run 40:1 dont double it. change the plug because it is almost certainly oil fouled. bottom the mixture screw and turn it 1 2/2 turns out, then adjust it for the best throttle response, if it gets more than 2 1/2 or less than 1 turn out you need a different pilot jet

childress04

Jun 4, 2007
k thank i did what you told me to and it kepps doin the same thing but i was able to fix the poblemi forgot to set the clutch cable tensioner so it wasnt engaging the clutch all the way so it works now but its boggs down and then 3-6 sec later it picks up would that be because of my mixture screw or my air mixture screw

Top Bottom