Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Martin Belair the US Montesa importer sent us this sneak peek of the new for 2004 TrialMaster . It looks to be a cross between a hardcore trials bike and a short range trail bike. Looks to be the perfect bike for those ultra gnarly trails. We'll have more info on this soon.

I haven't seen this anywhere else so this may even be a DRN exclusive :aj:

I've asked Martin Belair to keep us updated on all the happenings at Montesa. He was very excited to hear about the groundswell of Trials enthusiasm here at DRN.

Martin also expressed interest in being part of DirtWeek 2004. I'm guessing if Montesa is represented at DW04 that we'll have a whole host of new trials freaks around here. You can count me among them, I love these bikes. :yeehaw:

Tons of cool info at the US Montesa website http://www.usmontesa.com/

Here's a picture of the new for 2004 Montesa TrailMaster
16241trailmasterlf2.jpg

For more info contact:

Martin Belair
U.S. Montesa, Inc.
5477 Byscane Lane
Minnetonka, MN 55345
Ph: 952-937-8720
www.usmontesa.com

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Rich you ROCK! :aj:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
This is ALL YOUR FAULT PAT :)

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Originally posted by Rich Rohrich
This is ALL YOUR FAULT PAT :)
No I am innocent! Innocent I tell ya'! All I do is give out free samples at DirtWeek (and every other chance I get :laugh: ). Getting the sneak peak at something this cool has Rich Rohrich all over it!

I'm thinking that bike would be a really cool way to end up in the dog house........... again. My Beta lust is no more, I have seen the future!!!

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
This thing has STUPID FUN written all over it :)

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
The tank looks like it would offer significantly more range as the stocker is pretty much flush with the frame. The seat looks like it is pretty easy to remove when your feeling very Dougie.

Do ya' suppose if I was a REALLY good boy the rest of the year Santa might be able to stuff one down the chimney? :think: Heck it's even holiday colored!

Listen to me trying to sell myself on one! Ok it's more like justify how I can pull off ordering one but it just sounds better the other way. :laugh:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Pat - As long as you don't dab while clearing that massive rationalization I think you'll be OK . :)

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
LOL! :laugh:

geremacheks

~SPONSOR~
Feb 14, 2002
Very nice. KTM could learn something from that seat design. Do I see a speedo?

I'd be even more excited if it were a 4-stroke. The perfect woods bike---forget the CRF 250X.
--------------goosebumps

Last edited:

TexKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 8, 1999
It is a stock cota with a big tank, big seat, and a bolt on spark arrestor.

Big tanks have been floating around that fit in this version of the verlicci frame since I think '97. I've also seen some local riders cobble together some crude but effective seats like this when out on the pack trails around here. The bolt on screen type SA is available off various web sites.

I'm lucky enough to have one of Mike Comer's hand made spark arrestors that replaces the last muffler. He quit making them a few years back. Just too labor intensive.

I've trail ridden my '01 and can tell ya it is a blast, once you figure out how to ride whoops. With the Beta Alp and Honda Reflex in the stable, I can tell you that trials-based bikes are a blast for trail riding, if you are allowed to ride off trail! This is a big issue in the national forests. Luckily BLM land is open space, so you can go and play on the rocks and logs.

Ud Luz

Jan 4, 2002
texKDX, any idea where to get the larger tank? Also I noticed that you mentioned riding anywhere on BLM land. We've been riding Taylor Park and I understand you may only ride on the trails. Where is BLM land in CO.? Thanks, Bill.

TexKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 8, 1999
Luz(er) ;-) ,

Go to a real map store, such as MacVan at Colorado and 10th street in Colorado Springs. They have very detailed maps of the BLM lands. The Colorado Gazetteer is mediocre at showing BLM boundries. Same for the "XX National Forest" maps.

Taylor is in the Gunnison Nat'l Forest, so yes NF rules apply. Stay on the trails, marked trails, for multi-use that include the motorcycle on them.

BLM is typically less desirable land. It is used a lot by hunters and ranchers. There are a few nice spots of BLM land just behind the front range though - one little pocket west of Cripple Creek and some down Phantom Canyon Rd out of cripple creek. also a little pocket down the Shelf Road out of cripple creek.

Not sure where to get the tank - last one I saw was on a montesa on ebay 2 years ago!

Leo.

TheJunkMan

Jul 9, 2003
BLM lands I have some Topo maps that i use for jeeping mostly of the the arapahoe ntnl forest. how can i find out were these boundaries exist and were is "motorcycle friendly" I jeep the wheeler lake trail all the time but i have no idea if motorcycles are alowed on those trails.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I followed up on my interest in the trail master and Martin provided more info. He says the seat and tank are aftermarket pieces that will hopefully be available in late '04 as part of the trail master package. The trail master is a stock Cota with the aftermarket pieces fitted so the full on trial capability is there. I suppose a bit of suspension work would make it even more useful off road but would sacrifice some of the "feet up" slow performance.

TexKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 8, 1999
Beta has the Alp, gasgas the Pampera, and Scorpa the Long Trail.

What more do you want? All this leaves out is Sherco, and they are about to release a REAL 4s trail bike with fuel injection!

motomickey

May 9, 2002
you should call Jim Snell at HEBO-he had a seat/tank combo that would bolt on a txt from some french outfit on display at El Trial a few years back.

wayneg

~SPONSOR~
Aug 29, 2001
TopFun in Spain used to do a seat/fuel tank comba for the older GasGas bikes. I don't think that they would fit on the newer models, but possibly on the TXT series.

Top Bottom