JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Originally posted by whitesands26
After thinking about it for a while I've changed my mind on who's going to win the championship taking into consideration that RC's a bit too short for supercross...

1. Larry Ward...Nice and tall.
2. David V.
3. KW.....He's pretty tall.

I know none of these guys have won after years of trying but they are tall. Larry Ward should've been the all time winningest rider.
:) LOL!

Sayntmatt

Jul 22, 2002
Their are some interesting predictions on here, I would like to see CR get it. No disrespect to RC as he is clearly one of the best MX/SX riders ever but I am a bit of a Yamaha fan and it would be nice to see them win!

So does anyone know what bike Chad Reed will be riding?

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
Yeah...RC is way too short to win achampionship...lol...Short winning in 01', 02', 03'...Too short to be the winningest rider in history too...Too short to come from last place(way last) in a supercross and catch reed....
Sounds like short may have it's advantages...
Well we all have to battle through some sort of adversity in our lives...... We are soon to forget McGrath use to ride the short bus to school for a number of years......

moronguy

Oct 12, 2003
I think it will be
1. Reed
2. Charmichael(distant 2nd)
3.Whindam(a few points behind RC)

thats my predictions but if Pastrana can stay healthy I say he gets a few wins and jumps in the battle for 2nd with RC and whindam

Sayntmatt

Jul 22, 2002
Last I heard was that TP had been dropped by Suzuki and was without a ride now!! I cant remember where I heard it from and it could just be a load of rubbish, has anyone else heard anything???

However I REALLY hope Travis does race, that would be interesting to say the least!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
SKIPPY will be the champ this year indoors. RC is going to get worked up into a frothy lather trying to keep him down and will either crash himself out a few times or resort to his usual "Rubin is racin" take out moves. I bet Special K could be a contender but I think he's going to try to avoid injury and save himself for the outdoors.

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
Yeah, IMO, Reed showed at the US open that he is much better at Supercross with passing RC both nights cleanly.

I say Reed wins the SX title this year, no doubt he is secretly pumped to know that he doesnt have to deal with Bubba in the series the whole season. Kdub and DV will be wild cards as well. RC should have his hands full this year. All in all, cant wait for January this year!!!!!

muddy226

Sponsoring Member
Sep 14, 2003
Why does no-one rate Vuillemin ? After Vegas I'll revise my original prediction to put him in 3rd., behind Reed and RC. Also, he's tall !

jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
Larocco won it last year. The US Open is no more than a Supercross race on an arenacross track. I don't think it proves anything except that anyone can win. Even the fans don't take it seriously..a whole what, 4,000 people or so were there?

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
yeah, but RC HATES to lose, and he has lost the last , what, 7 supercross races, and then the Open to Reed. RC won it 2 years straight before Larocco. And last year is when Reed passed RC in the US open and RC kept messing with him in the corners... I think it was 10,000 fans as well. $100,000 and bragging rights does mean something to these riders. Agreed that it has nothing to do with titles/points. I think the win for Reed reassures him that he has the skills to beat RC, and the loss to RC reassures him that he has to make some changes if he wants to win a 4th SX title.
Just observations, Injuries can knock anyone out.

whitesands26

Mod Ban
Nov 17, 2002
Originally posted by jboomer
Larocco won it last year. The US Open is no more than a Supercross race on an arenacross track. I don't think it proves anything except that anyone can win. Even the fans don't take it seriously..a whole what, 4,000 people or so were there?

Exactly.....In an actual Supercross race there will be more talented riders to deal with...The U.S. open is nothing more than a glorified arenacross...Larocco won it last year and in my opinion he is not a contender...Huffman has won it one year as well...

The U.S. open is not exactly indicative of what the Supercross season will be like...

TheGrinch

Nov 26, 2000
Originally posted by zcookie49
yeah, but RC HATES to lose, and he has lost the last , what, 7 supercross races, and then the Open to Reed. RC won it 2 years straight before Larocco. And last year is when Reed passed RC in the US open and RC kept messing with him in the corners... I think it was 10,000 fans as well. $100,000 and bragging rights does mean something to these riders. Agreed that it has nothing to do with titles/points. I think the win for Reed reassures him that he has the skills to beat RC, and the loss to RC reassures him that he has to make some changes if he wants to win a 4th SX title.
Just observations, Injuries can knock anyone out.

Spot on zcookie49. I totally agree with you. Reed will be the SX champ in 2004, unless he gets injured.

jake949

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2000
rc gets married and his SX skills fade, MC gets married and his SX skills fade. windham got married took a year off. is chad reed married? if not i hope he gets married soon soon

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Originally posted by jake949
rc gets married and his SX skills fade, MC gets married and his SX skills fade. windham got married took a year off. is chad reed married? if not i hope he gets married soon soon

RC was married when he lapped everyone but Reed and Ferry at the '03 Daytona SX.  He lapped plenty of single guys two or three times in that 20 lap race.

Skills fade with age and lack of desire, not marriage.

BTW, after that dominating performance at Daytona, RC had a stranglehold on the '03 title.  If RC had been behind Chad in the points, IMO Reed would not have won all those races. 

Reed is a great SX racer and a serious threat to RC.  But until RC actually loses a championship, I would be reluctant to say his skills have faded.

jake949

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2000
there is no way once they get married a sx/mx rider can put the same ammount of time into testing or training. just not goint to happen. that is why winham was off last year he got married and had a ill child to take care of. once you get married you have other obligations to take care of other than racing motocross. you can have all the desire in the world but if you don't have the time do to other obligations it is not going to get done.

TheGrinch

Nov 26, 2000
I don't know about that Jake. A lot of guys (like myself) lived with their fiancees/girlfriends prior to getting married. Nothing changes as far as commitments/obligations after the wedding. Though having a child is a totally different story. That's definately when your commitments/obligations change.

I don't know about RC's personal life and if he lived with his fiancee prior, but surely she would not expect him to suddenly start spending more time with her, and less time training just because they signed a piece of paper to say they are married.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Since RC became a full time pro, he has won every major championship he has contested, except for one.  He was 5th in his rookie year at 250SX.  BTW, he was single then. 

I'll guess married-guy RC puts more time into testing and training than 95% to 100% of the single guys. 

My bet is Mrs. RC knows Ricky is only going to be racing championship level for a few more years.  So she's content to let him put his hours in now.  They'll have plenty of time together after he retires young, rich and as the most successful rider of all time. 

Top Bottom