Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
Anyone out there tried the new 04 TLD SE pants, jersey or gloves. I was curious as to how it was as far as venting and durability goes. I've never seen his gear on anyone around my local tracks, And I really like the new stuff I'm seeing. But after trying on his new SE helmet, I am having serious doubts to how his clothes are going to be. I would like to know if the pants vent very well, or if they ar heavy, or whatnot.

mxride

Mar 27, 2003
TLD SE Gear is the best the best on the market!!!! It is a little on the heavy side. We use it in the shoulder months in New York Mar/Apr/May/Sept/Oct. If you don't line the heavy gear try their GP line. It's awesome, and much lighter.

Jeff C

< ADMIN EDIT: Do not advertise commercial sites in your posts >

Last edited by a moderator:

crmx91

Dec 4, 2002
Me gusto mucho

I've had two pairs of everything and it is all holding up well. What don't you like about the helmet? I'm looking in to buying one.

Wraith

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
mxride said:
TLD SE Gear is the best the best on the market!!!! It is a little on the heavy side. We use it in the shoulder months in New York Mar/Apr/May/Sept/Oct. If you don't line the heavy gear try their GP line. It's awesome, and much lighter.

Jeff C

[/b]

Jeff or crmx91
Is the SE line of pants not vented in anyway? How would you say they vent, Oh let say compared to the newer Fox 360. Are they the same, lighter, heavier? What would you say they are comparable to, Moose's top of the line pants? I'm just wondering. I've been wearing Fox vented 360 for about 3 years now, and I don't think I can go to another pant that is going to be hot.
crmx91, the TLD helmet is nice, but IMO is not a $400 helmet. There is a thread in here on the helmet where a bunch of us talked about it. I just had to much to say to type it again. :laugh:

crmx91

Dec 4, 2002
The pants vent very well for me, I wear baseball style socks, asterisk knee socks, and also Cell knee braces, and I don't have a problem with a lack of venting. My last gear was Oneal Hardware(2002) and so far I like the TLD stuff way better, much better attention to detail. I have never had Fox or Moose so I can't give you a legit. comparison on the two. Hope this helps.

BTW, im going to try the helmet on before i get it, or i'll get the HJC AC-X2 Chromium.

Wraith

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
Which ones are you currently wearing, the SE or GP pants? In your opinion, do the SE pants vent better than the GP. Or vice versa, or are they about the same? I ask because the SE is what I'm looking at. I guess since your in Texas, your use to riding in some heat!
I ended up going with the new M2R RevelationX2 helmet. But everyones head is different ya know. I just felt to naked (inside the helmet) it just felt like to much padding was left out. But they do look sharp!
Thanks

extrememoto

Oct 22, 2003
Wraith,

How could you not love the New TLD SE helmet? Maybe you had the wrong size one... I was riding @ starwest riding a CRF450 set up for someone who was 300 lbs and that combined with the wind gusts ended up getting blown sideways in the air and hitting a chain link fence 3rd gear WFO. I woke up a few moments later on the other side with a crowd yelling how the f--- did that happen. The helmet did its job and definately saved my a--!!! Had I been wearing one of those other brand helmets you mention above, I don't think my head would have been so lucky. I ended up with internal injuries, but my head was saved the serious trama. I definately feel, if you are looking for the best helmet, you need to go to the Troy Lee Headquarters, talk to Summer and try one on again. As far as gear goes, the 04 SE is great, little heavy, but well designed and comfortable. Customer service should be considered also, try talking to a live body @ M2R or any other Helmet Company about getting your helmet inspected after a crash...good luck!!! After my crash, TLD looked at the helmet and replaced everything that was damaged and made sure the shells integrity was safe...:thumb:

extrememoto

Oct 22, 2003
Wraith said:
Jeff or crmx91
.....crmx91, the TLD helmet is nice, but IMO is not a $400 helmet. There is a thread in here on the helmet where a bunch of us talked about it. I just had to much to say to type it again. :laugh:

Again it is the best $400 you will spend...how much is your head worth? Again opions are like a--holes, everyone has one... Tell us again why the TLD is not a $400 Helmet? :think:

Wraith

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
Like I said before, there is a thread, FOR this subject. But since you must pry.
In my my thoughts saftey is most important, right? So money shoudn't be a concern. But sometimes, money is tight. But when it isn't you can go the way of the upper end lids. I myself have always gone with Arai. Now for my head, they fell like I don't even have a helmet on. Or like I'm resting my head inside a big fluffy pillow (are you followin me?).
Now, when I tried on the TLD helmet, it felt like I put on a pizza box with chin straps and a D-ring. Sure it looks great, has alot of vents, and I'm sure they have great customer service (I never doubted any of those things). But I can't believe you couldn't feel the lack of padding inside the helmet. Not what I would expect from a $400 helmet. Hence, when I said "not a $400 helmet".
But I can't believe that you are still going to wear that helmet! With Recieving internal injuries and all you should to the safe route and replace the helmet. I once saw a KBC sponcerd rider take a mild spill at a race in front of his rep. After the race, the rep came over and cut the straps off his helmet so he couldn't wear it. Now that's pretty good customer service for a $200 helmet company!I hope your injuries heal well.

I wonder if Billy Frank still has that helmet? :laugh:

extrememoto

Oct 22, 2003
When I took the helmet to Troy Lee and they inspected everything and replaced everything internal except the outer shell, should have explained that better...Arai is a killer helmet also. Mine seems to have killer padding on the cheek and sides and fits me perfect, but I have a wierd small head... After my crash they told me not to wear it until after it had been sent back in, so the next time was in CA after the San Diego SX, just ran it in and they inspected and replaced everything on the spot... Guess with everyone having different shaped heads and sizes and after wearing my HJC ACX-2, the TLD feels light as a feather to me... But have not worn an Arai since the early 90's...

extrememoto

Oct 22, 2003
LOL... :laugh: guess I should have been more specific(protected my head), don't know 'bout you all, but saved my a_ _ , sounded better... :thumb:

Just playin with ya SpectraSVT...dont take it to serious... :joke:

Top Bottom