newfie125

May 4, 2006
hey can anyone help me? i got a 2005 cr 125 and when i got the bike she was blowing plugs so i put a smaller jet in and she still does the same thing. when i take the plug out its black can it be that my fuel/oil mixture is to much?

Chokey

Uhhh...
Oct 12, 2003
Plug fouling is not caused by the amount of oil you run in your fuel. It's rich jetting, nothing else. You need to do a search for a jetting guide and learn how to jet your bike.

John Cena

Nov 11, 2004
Jetting is probably most of your problem, but the brand of 2 cycle oil you run can also be a cause. I was running Amsoil intercepter, ran out and had to use quaker state 2t oil. Before I started using quaker my plug was a nice brown now it's black as can be with caked on oil.

dirtbikegeek

Apr 14, 2006
Yes it is effected by the amount of oil you put in your gas,if you put too much oil,it will foul the plug,and if you don't put enough in then you will probably sieze your bike.

Chokey

Uhhh...
Oct 12, 2003
dirtbikegeek said:
Yes it is effected by the amount of oil you put in your gas,
No, it's not. If you know how to jet properly, you can run a 20:1 ratio if you feel like it and have a nice tan plug with no spooge. The amount of oil in your gas has nothing whatsoever to do with plug fouling. If you foul plugs, your bike is jetted too rich on one or more of the carb circuits. The solution is to correct the rich condition, so that the engine can produce combustion temperatures that are high enough to burn the oil. It's as simple as that.

John Cena, you are right to a point. Different oils will affect the burn characteristics of the fuel in different ways, sometimes requiring jetting changes. But it still comes down to jetting.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom