cthowards

~SPONSOR~
Feb 13, 2006
I have a 2005 CRF450R with about 80 hours on it and would like to replace the top end, the valves, springs, cam chain tensioner and whatever else looks worn once I have it apart. The bike still starts and runs great so I am hoping that things look pretty good inside. I just want to replace things before they become a problem. Does anybody have any tips I should consider? What brand type of piston is good? I was going to go with Kibblewhite valves and springs - anybody have any issues with them? Also, should I send the cylinder and head to a shop for inspection and machining, if needed?

Thanks.

SFO

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 16, 2001
You will want to have the seats recut for the new valves.
The kmpi stuff is peerless, IMHO.
I am sure someone here can offer a local shop for seat cutting.
Where are you located?

ryan callies

Oct 17, 2002
If you are investing money in parts make it worth it and replace the crankshaft also. Honda cranks are cheap. Hot Rods also make a great crank. Black Diamond valves and springs work great and last longer.It is a good idea to cut the seats so they are fresh for the new valves. A perfect seal makes the best power. Wiseco pistons are good but the stock ones work also. Have a good day! Ryan Callies, Finish Line Enginesl

Top Bottom